Hello from Mexico

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggssoapmexico

Reaction score
Hello from Mexico. I am a US Ex-pat who moved to Mexico 10 years ago to be with my twin granddaughters as they grow up. I started making soap about a year ago as a means to get my granddaughters off of their phones. And now I have gone down the rabbit hole and doubt that I will ever escape. My biggest challenge is occasionally getting travelers to bring micas, clays, EOs, and FOs to me because what is available here can be questionable. Fortunately, I live in the 2nd largest city in Mexico so I have local access to a wide range of the other ingredients I use. If it wasn't for online forums such as this I don't know that I would have been able to learn as much as I have in the last year!

You're in Guadalajara? Beautiful city! And welcome to the forum.
As an aside - I bet you're busy making soap while your granddaughters are still on their phones. Am I right or am I right? 📵
I started with M&P but decided that I wanted more control of what went into my soaps. The girls are learning about CP but are a little leery of the lye. However, we are starting to make bath bombs and shower steamers so that should be a little less intimidating. Next will be felting to hide the bars that didn't turn out as expected....I am hoping they will get interested in making designs on the felt with stencils. If not....oh well, Grandma is having fun!

Welcome.gif

Welcome! I lived just south of Guad in Ajijic for 13 years and loved my time there. Chuckled with you as I remember the shopping list I gave anyone coming down from the States for a visit. I imagine things are a bit easier now with Amazon.

Back