Hello from Malaysia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best method for newbie

• Melt and Pour

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kammy

Reaction score
Hello, I am Kammy and a newbie. I haven't made any handmade soap yet because I'm still researching and learning before I start. Any tips for an anxious newbie like me? :)

HI Kammy and welcome. If you're nervous about using lye then start with MP. It's a very usable product. CP isn't anything to be afraid of. Just respect the lye and you'll be fine. After the first time you'll realize that. Be sure to use protective gear like goggles, gloves etc....

If you read through the beginners section and the lye soap section you will find some very helpful information!

HI Kammy and welcome. If you're nervous about using lye then start with MP. It's a very usable product. CP isn't anything to be afraid of. Just respect the lye and you'll be fine. After the first time you'll realize that. Be sure to use protective gear like goggles, gloves etc....

If you read through the beginners section and the lye soap section you will find some very helpful information!

Hello! Shunt2011. Thanks for replying . I did plan to learn MP first but I heard it will "sweat" if not stored properly? I wanted to make it as a gift to my friend. Will it "sweat" if I put them in organza bag ?

Thanks!

Welcome, Kammy!

If you live in a humid climate, your MP will definitely sweat, but no worries...... wrapping it in shrink wrap or tightly wrapping it in plastic cling wrap prevents it from sweating. I live in a very dry climate and my MP never sweats (except on the rare humid day, that is).

IrishLass :)

Welcome to the forum.:)

Hello Thank you for having me here!

Welcome, Kammy!

If you live in a humid climate, your MP will definitely sweat, but no worries...... wrapping it in shrink wrap or tightly wrapping it in plastic cling wrap prevents it from sweating. I live in a very dry climate and my MP never sweats (except on the rare humid day, that is).

Hello IrishLass and thank you! I understand but i wanted to try small gummi bear MP. Do I have to wrap each one of them? Or should I just put them in organza bag?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello IrishLass and thank you! I understand but i wanted to try small gummi bear MP. Do I have to wrap each one of them? Or should I just put them in organza bag?

If you have access to small polypropylene (cello) bags like these: , what I would do is place all of your small gummy bear MP soaps into the bag, seal it, then place the bag of soaps into your organza bag. :)

If you have access to small polypropylene (cello) bags like these: , what I would do is place all of your small gummy bear MP soaps into the bag, seal it, then place the bag of soaps into your organza bag. :)

Cello bag? I heard it will leave a residue marks on the bag.

If your MP is sweating, it will also leave residue on the organza if not placed in the cello first. Better to have the residue marks on the cello than the organza.

Back