Hello from Kitty!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty Karlina

Reaction score
Good morning guys & dolls!!

I'm Kitty, 26 and live in Cheshire, UK.

I love any kind of craft but just recently I've become really interested in soap making and any other kind of nice smellies :)

I've firstly started by using Kirstie Allsopp's tutorial for soaps, I mixed all the ingredients Saturday PM and they're still drying out at the moment, I hope they turn out ok lol

I'm hoping to make more soaps and maybe even things like bath bombs etc in time.

So .... Hi everyone!!

Kitty x

Thank you :)

MaitriBB..... I'm not, they're not turning out too well :( I'm really gutted.
I wanna try some other recipes but the percentages of oils and lye etc confuses me :(

I just made my first ever batch too yesterday. I am new to this forum also. Awesome.
My first batch recipe:

Lard 100.00g 20.00%
Olive Oil 300.00g 60.00%
Sunflower Oil 100.00g 20.00%
honey 1tbs
almond 2tbs
tea tree fragrance oil 1tsp
4% Lye (Sodium Hydroxide) Amount 64.704g
Grams of liquid 165.00g

What do you think? Think it will yield a good bar?

Good luck with your batch Kitty. My problem is that I only have one warm room in my house and that is my living room and my husband won't appreciate soap in that room though it would make it smell nice :D. My guess is that I will have to give mine a longer time in my spare room. They will use soap in the poles wont they and they don't get supermarkets like we do so they will have to make their own won't they?

I have heard of room temperature soap making, so just give it a couple days to set up. I don't know what all is entailed with this method, but if your calculations were correct the soap should work at some point. Good luck !

I would imagine so yes lol
The only place I can keep my soaps is in the bathroom at the moment, away from 3 cats lol (One already put her paw on top of the blanket and ruined my rose one :( lol she was ok though, didnt get any soap on her) I'm just going to clear my book shelf off in my spare bedroom and then they can go on the top shelves out of reach of cats lol

Kitty x

I have heard of room temperature soap making, so just give it a couple days to set up. I don't know what all is entailed with this method, but if your calculations were correct the soap should work at some point. Good luck !

Thank you. This is what I needed to know. Ta Melstan :D

Back