Hello from James Bond

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbond

Reaction score
Hello,

Good evening, this is James Bond.

I know nothing about soaps, I just buy the ones off the shelves at the big grocery store, nothing too pricey, I am not rich.

Just stopping buy to say hello and am eager to learn and share.

Thank you
James

Welcome to the forum.:) Your username makes me smile as I remember the first 007 movies.

Thank you my friends lsg and toxikon

Which are the good sources for buying these products? I am in the USA.

Thank you

I got my first stick blender from Walmart. You local thrift store probably has stainless steel pots and containers and a slow cooker for HP. I like Soaper's Choice, Wholesale Supplies Plus, Nature's Garden and Bramble Berry for soap ingredients, EOs and FOs.

Thank you my friends lsg and toxikon

Which are the good sources for buying these products? I am in the USA.

Thank you

I'd say the two big things are a stick-blender and digital food scale. I bought both of mine on Amazon. Here are the ones I use:

Stick-blender: http://a.co/cKXUdJh
Scale: http://a.co/a993d7S

It's nice to have a stick-blender with a stainless steel bell, because some plastic ones can break or melt.

As for molds... the options are limitless. You can line old milk cartons with freezer paper, or buy a proper mold (wooden, silicone, plastic). Basically any box-shaped thing can become a mold as long as you line it properly. I personally like silicone molds because it's very easy to unmold your soap.

You can buy your 100% sodium hydroxide (lye) at local hardware stores or online.

Most oils you can easily just pick up at the grocery store or Walmart. Lard, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, avocado oil, etc. There are some that are trickier to find locally, like palm oil, tallow, or exotic butters.

Soapers Choice is great for buying oils in bulk, but if you're just starting out, I'd recommend just grabbing a few at the grocery store in smaller quantities to play with.

Welcome to the addiction.

Stick blender, digital scale and eye protection are must haves! Good soap can be made from oils you find at the grocery store.

Happy New Year to all of you!

Have a wonderful, happy, healthy, soapy, year ahead

James Bond

Welcome James Bond :), the only jb I liked was Roger Moore -are you him :D ?

Just noticed you have been here a year already.

Back