Hello from Iowa. Escape Goat Soaps w/pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farm2Shower

Reaction score
Hello all. for quite some time I have read the forums, and sincerely appreciate all the hard work each and every one of the artist puts into the craft. The ideas, questions, and support to each other has been the driving force that fuels my passion for soap making. As a first time poster, I felt compelled to not just observe, but join a group of like minded people.

My name is Matt, by day I own/operate a small landscaping outfit in Iowa. I first got started making soap a few years back. What sparked my interest was what to do with all the milk we were getting from our small heard of nubian goats. Having a hobby farm was also new to me, after exclusively living in the city. I slowly soaked in information I needed to at least make things functional, and educated myself by asking question after question.

I have always had a fixation with scents, since I was is junior high. I would always purchase the newest designer colognes, body washes etc.. One of the facets that interest me the most, are the mixing of essential oils and the benefits of aromatherapy. Sometimes all the information can make ones head spin.

Recently, after having positive feedback from friends and strangers alike on the goats milk soap, I decided to get the product branded and all the other loop holes involved in a small start up business. My goal is to have fun, meet new people, make a little money to further fuel the fire, and get rid of some of this darn goatsmilk. I love herbal infusions and for the most part stick to cp soap making using just essential oils and plant based colorants.

In closing, thanks for welcoming me, and I look forward to being more active in the future. I have so many questions racing thru my head, it would be best to save them for another post. I hope you enjoy the pics I included of the packaging and soap. Sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day, so I could fit in a third shower.

image.jpg

Your soaps look really good! Can you post a close-up of your logo? Is it a goat escaping from a bathtub?

I am amazed at how many people have gotten into soaping b/c they have goats and need something to do with the milk!

Thank you. Yes it is a goat jumping out of a tub basin. The escape is a play on words. I take it as escaping to a wonderful place which is the shower or bath, or my goats are always finding breaches in the fence line, in which I have come out on occasion to see them in the backyard eating my garden. We just had 3 nubian kids born a couple weeks ago, I will post a couple pics.

image.jpg

Thanks. The egg shaped things are bath fizzies, that I package in the 4 pack egg cartons. I'm a shower guy and not a big fan of baths. However, my wife is constantly digging into the supply of bath bombs lol. Ingredients are baking soda, cornstarch, citric acid, powdered goats milk, jojoba and cocoa butter, hempseed oil, a dash of olive oil, Epsom salts, and essential oils. The spearmint/grapefruit one is my favorite. Also, anyone making BB, just wanted to say the willow way press is affordable and awesome.

image.jpg

I LOVE your packaging, and logo and name (kind of a play on scape goat as well?). I, too, started making soap b/c of extra goats milk. the packaging for your bath fizzies are awesome.

welcome to SMF!!!

Aww....now I want one. A goat and an Escape Goat Soap! Love the name, and the black/white label with a hint of color from the soap peeking out.

Good luck to you. I have a funny picture in my head of how busy you'll be if all 3 of those babies turn out to be girls!!!

Lenarenee, thankfully, we had 2 doe kids and one buck. One of the females will be going. I have been super busy. This is just my 3 rd year owning goats, and I like to think I'm doing them justice. As with soap making, I'm constantly learning new things, and still consider myself rough around the edges. Just for kicks I'm going to post a pic of Kijana, the Daddy. He is 230lbs, and definitely the top grade of my herd. Funny thing is, all the kids look similar to him, as the mother is black and white. That's one big MOFO!

image.jpg

Love your logo and your goats! I visited a goat farm last spring and fell in love with goats. I never knew how friendly and inquisitive they are. I also fell in love with the full fat goat's milk yogurt they sold on the farm. It's not even in the same category as the non fat cow's milk yogurt I usually eat. If you make yogurt with your goat's milk, you could use that in soap too!

Your soaps look spectacular and I love your packaging ! It's so simple but your logo really make it very special !
I really think that the goat escaping the bath is so cute !

Latest posts

Back