Hello from Florida!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gildedgoose

Reaction score
I’m Alyssa, I’m moderately new to this extent of soap making. I started with melt and pour soaping a couple of years back for fun and for more meaningful gifts for family and friends. When I was trying to figure out how people created these beautiful, intricate, textured bars of soap more recently, that's when I discovered cold process soaping. I've been hooked since 😍 I am still learning formulas, practicing designs, trying different tools and techniques, etc. Creating is just so fun every time and I feel like everyone around me is about sick of hearing about it which is why I am so glad I found this forum lol

I created Gilded Goose Collection recently which was encouraged by my other half since he apparently saw potential in me (and probably is sick of my hoarding 😅). I am still brand new and in the works of finding exactly what my niche is, but I do 100% believe in supporting our local family businesses knowing that your money is going back into your community and your neighbors livelihood vs some multi-billionaires pocket. (end rant lol)

We have a small hobby farm in southwest FL with 12 chickens, 6 geese, 1 cat, and honey bees in the works. If you can't tell by the name I chose for my business, I am obsessed with my geese! They are such an underrated companion and highly socially intelligent animals. I want to shine some light not only my creations, but on them too!

Wow this was quite a mouthful, but I am excited to talk soap with other soap lovers and creators that enjoy this as much as I do and who can teach, critique, inspire, and help me learn!

Attachments

• BF880E99-BCC1-4637-8A84-9965C1372DF3.jpeg
    BF880E99-BCC1-4637-8A84-9965C1372DF3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 22AF07C4-F079-4B01-8B90-CDEC7EFECB9E.jpeg
    22AF07C4-F079-4B01-8B90-CDEC7EFECB9E.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 0
  • 8C793D2F-8B1F-4039-9A7A-F815784F6326.jpeg
    8C793D2F-8B1F-4039-9A7A-F815784F6326.jpeg
    771.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4C4F227A-6112-429C-8311-7C186829EF97.jpeg
    4C4F227A-6112-429C-8311-7C186829EF97.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Welcome! I like your stylish geese. Look into making soap with your eggs. That could be fun!
Thank you 😊 I have actually done some research about adding eggs in my soap! This is definitely a more advanced step that I’m trying to find more info on so any advice is welcome!

Thank you 😊 I have actually done some research about adding eggs in my soap! This is definitely a more advanced step that I’m trying to find more info on so any advice is welcome!
DeeAnna is a member here and has written a lot of helpful articles. Here is the one for making egg soap. I highly recommend giving the rest a read. Soapy Stuff

Welcome, neighbor! I’m outside of Tampa. While I aspire to your farm, my claim to fame is six cats currently. Please enjoy this photo, which was not staged at all. They were just sitting like this, and I had to capture their album cover before they moved. The one missing from this is a tabby like the tall boy in front. 😅

Attachments

• B199C5E3-DB3A-411F-963A-2A977B81ADFE.jpeg
    B199C5E3-DB3A-411F-963A-2A977B81ADFE.jpeg
    509.4 KB · Views: 0
Welcome, neighbor! I’m outside of Tampa. While I aspire to your farm, my claim to fame is six cats currently. Please enjoy this photo, which was not staged at all. They were just sitting like this, and I had to capture their album cover before they moved. The one missing from this is a tabby like the tall boy in front. 😅
Hahah I love it, they are natural models 😆
It’s nice to meet you! Maybe I’ll see you at one of the markets in the area!
Here’s one of our barn cats, Romeo… he’s our roof hopper 🤣

Attachments

• 96D47787-536D-4E15-A2CB-26DC5C9440FD.jpeg
    96D47787-536D-4E15-A2CB-26DC5C9440FD.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
I’m Alyssa, I’m moderately new to this extent of soap making. I started with melt and pour soaping a couple of years back for fun and for more meaningful gifts for family and friends. When I was trying to figure out how people created these beautiful, intricate, textured bars of soap more recently, that's when I discovered cold process soaping. I've been hooked since 😍 I am still learning formulas, practicing designs, trying different tools and techniques, etc. Creating is just so fun every time and I feel like everyone around me is about sick of hearing about it which is why I am so glad I found this forum lol

I created Gilded Goose Collection recently which was encouraged by my other half since he apparently saw potential in me (and probably is sick of my hoarding 😅). I am still brand new and in the works of finding exactly what my niche is, but I do 100% believe in supporting our local family businesses knowing that your money is going back into your community and your neighbors livelihood vs some multi-billionaires pocket. (end rant lol)

We have a small hobby farm in southwest FL with 12 chickens, 6 geese, 1 cat, and honey bees in the works. If you can't tell by the name I chose for my business, I am obsessed with my geese! They are such an underrated companion and highly socially intelligent animals. I want to shine some light not only my creations, but on them too!

Wow this was quite a mouthful, but I am excited to talk soap with other soap lovers and creators that enjoy this as much as I do and who can teach, critique, inspire, and help me learn!
Love your colors and soap designs! I had geese years ago and they are so very smart! Welcome to this forum. It’s chock full of very helpful and talented people. P.s. beeswax is fabulous in soap as you probably already know!

Hi and welcome! I love your cow soap, the fancy geese and your photos are great! Here’s a pic of my grandpup, Tadpole… 🌸

Attachments

• 59D0708A-46E8-4A5B-835F-5F854BF11280.jpeg
    59D0708A-46E8-4A5B-835F-5F854BF11280.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
Back