Hello from Finland

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyBeeSoapCo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm so happy to have found you and this forum. I've been doing cold process soaps for over a year now and am now starting my first attempts at ls and cs. I absolutely love soaping! I'm from the US but now permanently living in Finland on a small farm by the Baltic Sea. We raise bees as you may have deduced . My foray into soap making started as another way to use honey and wax but I was quickly hooked. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone and getting to talk about soaping without boring my non soaping friends whose eyes quickly glaze over.

Welcome.

Hmmmm, piirakka and korvapuusti! I had a great honeymoon in Finland. My wife studied there for a year so knew the tasty treats to pick out!
Lol, my favorites also Efficacious, mustikka piirakka especially. I used to be a city girl so it still amazes me to go out the door and find blueberries everywhere. And what better use than to make cake with them

We were in a Mökki, so for breakfast we could pick blueberries and strawberries from the forest for our musli. It's a beautiful country
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

EG, I agree it's a beautiful country if you like nature and peaceful living. You can easily find most of your meal right outside your door in the summertime. We have blueberries, wild strawberries and raspberries and scads of mushrooms and fungi, wild salad greens and herbs, and cranberries and lingonberries just a few meters away. I am starting to experiment with some of them to naturally color my soaps.

Back