Hello from East Tennessee!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokyMountainBeauty

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Laura. I am a mom of 3 teens ( two 16 yo and one is 17) and recently discovered my love of soap making. I am super excited to meet everyone and learn from everyone here!

Thanks! I figured I would show y'all some of the (failed) soaps I've made so far.

My very first batch. Hot process Castile
20191112_204055.jpg

Ok so that didn't work out real well, so I decided to try an all natural recipe with doTERRA Serenity essential oil blend.
20191112_204105.jpg
Ok, maybe that one wasn't quite a failure. I actually like it, I'm just hoping the scent stays put.

Next I failed at a unicorn poop drop swirl there is pink in there somewhere. But not where it's visible in any of the bars
20191112_204124.jpg
Next was my peppermint soap. It was supposed to be a drop swirl, but set up WAY faster than I could work, so thought I'd do a hanger swirl, but I didn't have a hanger. I also decided to try out my stamp 2 days after cutting
20191112_204134.jpg

Finally is my Cucumber Melon soap. It was supposed to be an infinity swirl, but I did the swirls in all the wrong places .
20191112_204144.jpg
Oh well. I've had a blast learning and trying to beat the trace. Anyways, hope y'all get a giggle or two out of this. I certainly do every time I walk past the curing bars.

Hi Laura,
Welcome. I'm kind of new here, myself, although I've been creating soaps and balms, etc and reading and reading the posts. So, here's my take on your soaps:
1st batch - Looks like very rustic log cabin puzzle soap. What fun!
2nd Try - Reminds me of the soaps my mom used on my hair (a "thousand" years ago haha) and my hair was shiny!
Unicorn drop - Cute. Orange and Blue are complementary colors and the white is neutral - a colorful unicorn on a cloud - so it works for me.
Peppermint soap - Very Southwest looking - looks great for camping.
Cucumber Melon Finale - Looks like a dessert - soft (colors) and creamy.
All in all - I think you did a great job! Keep having fun! Oh, and by the way - Great stamp! Very sharp.
I'm currently trying to perfect bath fizzies and making my first Epsom salt cakes. ugh! hahaha.
Happy Soaping -
Margo

Latest posts

Back