Hello from Colorado

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Str8t_Shaver

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have never made a bar of soap in my life, but have always been interested in doing so. I'm sure my wife would love to have some homemade soap. I'm also a wet shaver and would love to brew up some of my own shave soap. Well time for me to poke around here and see what is available.

Howdy neighbor and welcome to the forum!

There is a ton of great information here (I'd check out the stickies on the beginner section and the last few pages of posts). Soaping 101 on youtube is an excellent instructional video series. They build on one another so it's best to watch the oldest videos first.

Welcome fellow newbie.
Careful it's quite an obsession. Just the other day, I was at Winco and saw one of those black rubber boot trays, walked over to inspect it wondering why would anyone in So Cal need that! Being a boot tray is for heavy winter boots you leave at the porch when you come in from snow and rain...but...wait...for...it.... Then I got half way through the thought "gee I wonder if that would be a good soap mold"... quickly shook my head, let go of the boot tray admitted the obsession and walked on. Whew!

Back