Hello from China!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

Anstarx here. I live in China but I studied and lived for 8 years in the US - 3 years in CA and 5 years in MA.

If you count MP soap, then I started soaping 3 months ago. If you count lye soap only then I had only started exactly one month ago- Made my first batch of CP soap on July 1st! I’ve made around 5 batches (very small batches lol) so far and keeping the speed of at least one batch per week-this is addicting! I can’t stop exploring and experimenting with different recipes, additives, and decoration techniques!

When I first started soaping I just wanted to make some MP soap as goodbye gifts for my students but got hooked into CP soap when searching for inspirations. All those possibilities are just too tempting.

My first batch of CP isn’t really exciting for me- using mostly lard and olive, and I accidentally let it sit too long and have to scoop it into the mold resulting in rather meh-looking soap.

The interest only really sparked after my attempt at a 100% coconut cleansing soap. The soap wasn’t pretty. I didn’t realize how hard it could be and put it in a loaf mold. It almost broke my knife when cutting. I was disappointed and about to quit but then I used some scraps to clean the dishes and wow! It cleaned better than any dish soap I’ve ever used! CP soap rocks! I gave some to my colleagues and they beg me to make more for them.

I’m looking forward to make soaps for sell someday in the future- I ran a small etsy shops when I was in US selling hand-card stamps and jewelries. Had to close it later as my schedule got really chaotic and had no time for any personal life. I’m hoping to reopen that and also explore the local market now thatI’m finally stable enough to focus on my hobbies again.

*Attatched pic is my first batch ever- now it's been a month I think it looked way better then just unmolded.

Attachments

• 微信图片_20190801124404.jpg
    微信图片_20190801124404.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 23
Greetings everyone!

Anstarx here. I live in China but I studied and lived for 8 years in the US - 3 years in CA and 5 years in MA.

If you count MP soap, then I started soaping 3 months ago. If you count lye soap only then I had only started exactly one month ago- Made my first batch of CP soap on July 1st! I’ve made around 5 batches (very small batches lol) so far and keeping the speed of at least one batch per week-this is addicting! I can’t stop exploring and experimenting with different recipes, additives, and decoration techniques!

When I first started soaping I just wanted to make some MP soap as goodbye gifts for my students but got hooked into CP soap when searching for inspirations. All those possibilities are just too tempting.

My first batch of CP isn’t really exciting for me- using mostly lard and olive, and I accidentally let it sit too long and have to scoop it into the mold resulting in rather meh-looking soap.

The interest only really sparked after my attempt at a 100% coconut cleansing soap. The soap wasn’t pretty. I didn’t realize how hard it could be and put it in a loaf mold. It almost broke my knife when cutting. I was disappointed and about to quit but then I used some scraps to clean the dishes and wow! It cleaned better than any dish soap I’ve ever used! CP soap rocks! I gave some to my colleagues and they beg me to make more for them.

I’m looking forward to make soaps for sell someday in the future- I ran a small etsy shops when I was in US selling hand-card stamps and jewelries. Had to close it later as my schedule got really chaotic and had no time for any personal life. I’m hoping to reopen that and also explore the local market now thatI’m finally stable enough to focus on my hobbies again.

*Attatched pic is my first batch ever- now it's been a month I think it looked way better then just unmolded.
Your soap is so white! Did you say lard and olive oil exclusively? Welcome, by the way!

I went to high school in Anaheim! Then I went to undergrad and grad school near Boston.
id you say l
I used a lard recipe I found online and altered it to a smaller batch: 200g lard, 180 olive, and 20g castor. No colorant and a blend of FO. The soap batter was a creamy yellow when I poured but one week later it turned as white as in the picture.

Latest posts

Back