Hello from Cape Town, South Africa

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenplicity

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Rox, and I am from the lovely city of Cape Town in South Africa, all the way down on the southernmost tip of Africa. While I have been a natural skincare convert for two years or so, I have not delved completely into cold process soap. I've had a fair amount of success with non-soapy experiments, ranging from lip balms to soap-free oil cleansing scrub bars, butters and simple scrubs, but now I am ready to tackle the art of soaping from scratch. This week I ordered a nice batch of supplies and once I get the last few bits of equipment, I will be making my very first soap. Exciting times indeed!

I mostly joined because I have so much to learn and it is great to have found a place where I can look up topics and/or ask questions.

Looking forward to exploring the forum... so many interesting topics even from the quick look I had before signing up! :smile:

Rox

I went on a short term mission to Cape Town and absolutely loved it there. I would love to go back sometime. While there we got to visit Tabletop Mountain & see the island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned; we also went to some shops & restaurants along the water. We also visited an orphanage for homeless children. It was so much fun playing with them. The other leg of our mission was to Kampala Uganda. What a sad, sad situation. Loved it inside Kampala but we also went to Padir, Uganda. That was a camp for the people who were driven from their homes by Joseph Kony. Hope they catch him sometime. I hope I have these names right. It's been a few years since I visited. Welcome to the group.

welcome Rox...you're from my favorite city on the planet! Spent weeks staying at Kirstenbosch many moons ago....I put in my job application but they weren't hiring Americans...

Back