Hello from Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is so nice and very helpful and knowledgeable! As for the questions you had for the melt and pour bases, I have no idea. If you need help with cold process, feel free to ask. Everyone here knows ALOT! Cold process ain't nothing you can't handle. Looking forward to seeing what your creations look like. =)

Hi - Welcome to the forum. I have been on a new medication so have not been around, so belated welcome!

Can we speak poorly of a supplier...? Is that against the rules? I get lost in them sometimes...sorry. Even mentioning our own experience...?
I avoid the blue. Basic googling and checking of BBB is your friend.

I, unfortunately, am too stupid/naive/vapid to notice scams and frauds, as evidenced by my latest Etsy escapades. Shuttin that down too. Gah!

I use Candora, SoapAndMore, NDA (natch!), and I have tried Voyageur. Each has some things they keep in stock that is better than the others. I get all "I am ordering online so I have to order as much as possible to make the shipping worthwhile" sometimes, tho. That sucks for my credit cards, but it is all worthwhile. Oh, for candle stuff I use Village - they are nearby in Richmond Hill or Vaughan I think.

I am not a smrt person here, though, so definitely listen to the bril ones first.
Meds make my brain funny...erm...funniER. :D

To lather and beyond!

Hi...welcome from a fellow Canadian! (Nova Scotia). I use Candora, Canwax, Coop Coco (french), Voyageur, Windy Point and YellowBee. There is also a company called Saffire Blue, but I haven't tried them yet. If it's allowed, I will leave a link below where you can find quite a comprehensive list of suppliers. Where to Buy Ingredients - Humblebee & Me

Hey, my niece and her partner are moving out your way in a few weeks. We recently had them over for dinner (last time for dinner at the Uncles!).
They are currently stocked with soap, beard balms, moustache wax, and various and sundry other things uncles make...going to have to ship it to them in the future - they are part of my pressure relief so I do not get buried under a mountain of soaps and stuff!
(Anyone else find people to just give it away to because it is fun to make, but making is so much faster than using? Hey, and we shower...often! LOL And baths, and...and...and...) LOL

LOL! You make me laugh!, AhZo! I am ALWAYS giving things away! I don't sell, but I love to make. So after my family and friends are well supplied, I still have stuff left over. I take a lot of showers, just to try out a new soap or attempt to use up an old one.
What part of NS is your niece moving to? i hope they like it here! It's unusually hot this summer....too hot for me, but some people like it.

Latest posts

Back