Hello from Canada

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Cat&Oak

Reaction score
Welcome Pet! ❤ I've only used hemp oil once it is very nice. If you go to Royalty Soaps she has a beginner recipe and you could sub hemp for the almond oil just be sure to run it through a calculator before you make it.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Welcome.gif

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, hemp oil soap can be VERY bubbly and children really enjoy the bubbliness of it when made with 100% hemp oil. However using a lot of hemp oil in soap tends to smell a bit like seaweed to me, which I don't mind because I lived near the ocean for most of my life, but some don't really like the smell. Also, when I make soap with a high percentage of hemp oil, the surface of the soap discolors a lot; that, mixed with the inherent odor can lead a person to wondering if the soap has gone rancid. But when cutting into the bar of soap, the color on the inside is fine. Therefore, I concluded the soap was still fine and continued to use it. However, I did cut down on how much I used in a recipe to counter-act the discoloring effect and also because hemp oil does have a rather short shelf life. I haven't used it in awhile because as luxury oils go, it's not high on my list of preferences, but with a local source like that, I'd probably use it more.

Latest posts