Hello From California!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Mitch. My girlfriend Laura and I are in the San Francisco Bay area.

We're eager to try making some soaps after one of her friends posted some beautiful soap pics on FB.

We've been watching lots of videos, have purchased lye and some of the equipment we need. I'd like to make our own molds instead of buying them.

We have questions to ask but just wanted to say hello here first

Have a great evening/morning/day wherever you are.

Welcome Mitch :) (my nephews name).

I suggest you start reading the beginners forum and most questions that you need answers for will already have been covered. If you can't find what you need there do a search and relevant threads will come up. Most questions have been answered time and time again, so you might have a variety of threads to choose from. Molds have been covered as well.

Welcome Mitch :) (my nephews name).

I suggest you start reading the beginners forum and most questions that you need answers for will already have been covered. If you can't find what you need there do a search and relevant threads will come up. Most questions have been answered time and time again, so you might have a variety of threads to choose from. Molds have been covered as well.

Thanks, but if this is intended to be a warm welcome you may want to change it up a bit... something like "Welcome and glad to have you join us" would be nice.

Thanks, but if this is intended to be a warm welcome you may want to change it up a bit... something like "Welcome and glad to have you join us" would be nice.

I do believe it was meant as a warm welcome, but depending on how one reads things any message can be misinterpreted. I think Relle was just letting you know that you can do searches for the information you might be looking for, as there are many threads on many subjects. Don't be so quick to be offended as everyone in here is quite friendly.
ps Welcome and I hope you and your girlfriend are successful with your soaping adventures.

download.jpg There is a lot of good information here if you decide to stick around.

But that comment was not particularly nice, and border lined being rude. Relle is a well respected Admin in this forum.

Hi and Welcome! Relle was just letting you know where to start and she did say Welcome!. No need to be rude.....not the way to start. Everyone here is helpful and can assist with questions you're not able to find or for feedback.

Welcome, Mitch. Say Hi, to Laura for me as well. You'll find a lot of good information here.

I am a California gal myself, born and raised. I used to live in San Mateo and the Santa Cruz area as well. Spent a lot of time it SF from time to time. Still have lots of family in the area that I visit at least once or twice a year.

Latest posts

Back