Hello from Cali

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calisoul

Reaction score
Hi All!

Over the years, I have made body butters and scrubs to combat my family’s dry skin woes. This year, I decided to take a hard look at the items we are putting on our bodies. I started by making my own deodorant. Then, I moved on to lotion (still working on recipe that I truly like). Soon, I realized lotion and soap go hand in hand.

To begin this leg of the journey, I, like most crafters, went to my local craft store and purchased a melt and pour introductory kit. Unfortunately, the process of melting and pouring the soap base didn’t suit my fancy. I like playing around with ingredients too much.

After watching countless soap videos and purchasing a kit from Brambleberry, my soaping obsession began! So far I’ve made two batches of CP soaps, one batch of HP, and one batch of LS. The liquid soap is my favorite.

I look forward to learning and sharing my soap making journey with you.

Nicole

Hi All!

Over the years, I have made body butters and scrubs to combat my family’s dry skin woes. This year, I decided to take a hard look at the items we are putting on our bodies. I started by making my own deodorant. Then, I moved on to lotion (still working on recipe that I truly like). Soon, I realized lotion and soap go hand in hand.

To begin this leg of the journey, I, like most crafters, went to my local craft store and purchased a melt and pour introductory kit. Unfortunately, the process of melting and pouring the soap base didn’t suit my fancy. I like playing around with ingredients too much.

After watching countless soap videos and purchasing a kit from Brambleberry, my soaping obsession began! So far I’ve made two batches of CP soaps, one batch of HP, and one batch of LS. The liquid soap is my favorite.

I look forward to learning and sharing my soap making journey with you.

Nicole

Welcome! Your journey was the reverse of mine; I started with soap, went to deodorant and body butter, and am now working on lotions and syndet shampoo and conditioner bars. 😁

As a newbie, you might want to check out the destash threads on this forum. I believe at least one member still has some nice molds for sale at great prices - that can help you ease into things without breaking the bank. :)

Welcome! Your journey was the reverse of mine; I started with soap, went to deodorant and body butter, and am now working on lotions and syndet shampoo and conditioner bars. 😁

As a newbie, you might want to check out the destash threads on this forum. I believe at least one member still has some nice molds for sale at great prices - that can help you ease into things without breaking the bank. :)
Thank you! I will definitely check out the threads.

Latest posts

Back