Hello from CA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viore

Reaction score
Hello from sunny California! My name is Viore, long time lurker and first time poster.

By day I work as a school librarian, so I do most of my hobbies at night or during the summer months. When I'm not reading stories to kids, I'm playing D&D, playing in an orchestra, or making crafts.

I've been researching soapmaking for several months, and this forum has become my go-to source for information! Any questions I have can always be answered here. Last month I started making soap! The first few batches are ready to use (I do CP soap, my wife makes MP) and I'm so excited to learn more and make more.

One of the best threads on this forum is the "What soapy thing have you done today?" thread. I read that every day for inspiration and get some tips on how to make better soap. Thank you all for your words and ideas!

Last edited:
Wecome, Viore! I am also in SoCal, moved here from Michigan last year. This forum is my go-to place for information, so even though I only soap for family and a few (very few) friends, I finally upgraded to a support membership. I just thought it was only fair considering how much information and quality entertainment they provide.

cm4bleenmb, I completely agree with supporting the forums that provide such great information. I hope to get a paid membership in the near future.

Thank you, IrishLass!

not_ally, that would be a fun meetup! I'll definitely keep tabs on you and cm4bleenmb for that gathering ;-)

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many people from California! Thank you all for the welcomes!

DragonGirl, I play 4e right now. Usually I run the games but recently my friend stepped up as DM so I'm playing a dryad shaman with a moose spirit animal. My favorite type to play is defender, but no one else wanted to be a leader. I have fun either way! I don't play any other P&P games, but I've wanted to look into Exaulted and some of the White Wolf games. What do you recommend?

I don't play any other P&P games, but I've wanted to look into Exaulted and some of the White Wolf games. What do you recommend?

My favorite White Wolf games are Requiem, Lost, Forsaken in the new WoD. In the old WoD I like Apocalypse, Masquerade, Ascension, Oblivion.

I also have been looking for a group to play Dresden Files, or Unhallowed Metropolis. I also love 4e Shadowrun.

I have given up on D&D. I'll play Pathfinder, tho.

Thanks for the game ideas!

Someone wants me to play Pathfinder with him, but I'm hesitant because it's so similar to 3.5 D&D and I don't like that system too much. I've got to read through my player's handbook a little more to fully make up my mind.

I hope you find your group!

I haven't heard anything about 4e D&D I liked unfortunately, from the fluff to the rules modifications it falls between uninterested to actively offended, Pathfinder seems more my speed but I haven't gotten to play with it yet.

I do love shadowrun 4e, my heart and wallet belong there, and the Fate system was pretty cool the few times I've gotten to play with it. in OWoD I most enjoyed Mage the ascension and Changeling the Dreaming, but those were really hard to find groups for who had the sort of gameplay I was looking for, I only found one GM (the one who introduced me to it) who played them in my preferred style.

Latest posts

Back