Hello from Brentwood, Ca

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopJuicer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am excited to join a great group of people here! I have been a passionate home brewer for a long while now. This all started when a friend gave me a home brewing book and a bucket to ferment in, now we're making up to 23 gallon batches. This same friend gave me an oatmeal stout beer soap the other day, that's the day I started reading this forum for my next awesome hobby. On Sunday I made my first soap and I cut it a bit ago. I hope the pics attach.

I already owe thanks for all the tips I have been picking up from you all! Thank you and I look forward to learning a lot more!

1437444955256-1355133200.jpg

1437445105564287681787.jpg

Those are gorgeous! I am in Highland Park, there are several other soapers in the area. Welcome, and hope to meet you at some point! ETA: oops, it must be another Brentwood, NCal, if you are in the Bay Area? I think there are a bunch of soapers up there, too, though :)

Thanks not_ally! Now I get to play the waiting game while they cure. Yep, the sf bay area. I can't wait to get the process down so I can play with colors and fragrance.

Hi and welcome! Easy to understand Not_ally's confusion, I thought the only Brentwood in Cali was down here.
Your soaps are very pretty! What's in them?
I want to get back into brewing this fall, got a whole fleet of pony kegs that should be used.

Thank you all! This was 72% evoo, 20% coconut oil, 5% castor, and 3% cocoa butter. I thought that would be a simple enough recipe to start to get my process down. It was really fun going through all the steps. I didn't know about another Brentwood either lol. When you get back into brewing feel free to shoot questions my way!

Welcome HopJuicer! I grew up in Walnut Creek/Lafayette area, I live in Fresno now though. Nice to have a local soaper/brewer nearby.

Congratulations on your first soap, looks gorgeous!

Hi there and great looking soap! It'll be an awesome day for you when you use your own home brew in your own soap. Two seriously fun crafty adventures rolled into one. I love when that happens!

Latest posts

Back