Hello from Australia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyri

Reaction score
hello! I'm from Wollongong, New South Wales Australia. I'm 35, married with one child, and I've just started soap making again. I've been making soap, lotions and other things since I was a young girl with my mum.

I'm not sure what I want to do with soap- but I'm glad I found this forum! Its always nice to find likeminded people!

So hello and thanks for having me!

Thankyou! Its lovely to be here!

I'm learning a lot just going through topics I think might interest me! I'm going to make my first batch of cold process soap in many many years tonight, so we'll see how I go! I've been cheating for a long time and using pre-made bars, and melt and pour!

:)

Enjoy making soap tonight, you'll have great fun in the process and let us know how you went...... Happy soaping

well thankyou for the welcomes!

I didn't get around to making the soap last night- but I'm wanting to do it tonight.

I've still not finalised my recipe, but I'm using the sage's calculator so I should be alright.

I have Shea Butter, Rice Bran Oil, Cocoa Butter, Canola Oil, Solid Coconut Oil (Copha) as my fats. Not going to use them all in one soap, but I'm just trying to work out what would make a nice soap.

I also have some powdered colours that I use in chocolate making (I believe they're oil based so they don't seize chocolate like ordinary food colouring would) so I thought I might split off a little batch and use a little of it to see if it works. Otherwise my bars will just be plain creme coloured.

Wow- that turned into a longer post than I expected!

Welcome I'm from Qld.
I'm sure you're soap will go just great with some experience behind u. It'll all come flowing back in no time flat.
Sounds like you've got plenty of good oils & butters on hand.
Don't forget olive is readily available at the supermarket too.

Closing this, please check the dates on the post you are replying to.
Soapbuddy was last in Jan 2013.
Nattynoo was last in Nov 2012.
Thyri was last in Feb 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back