Hello from Alabama

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeesKnees

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to soapmaking and am hooked. Made my third batch yesterday and have run out of supplies so am waiting on my order to arrive so I can make more. ::tapping my foot:: The good part of waiting is that maybe I'll have a chance to read more from other people and their experiences so I joined the forum and am jumping in.

My user name is because I am fascinated by honeybees and enjoy working with them, which is where I get my beeswax to use in soap. I am hesitant to say I'm a beekeeper because you can only keep them if they choose to stay. If the honeybees don't want to stay, you won't be keeping anything!

I googled "soapmakingforum.com" and "black friday 2016" and couldn't find any posts about this, so I suppose a question that I have is if there are any suppliers who have Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales? Or Christmas/New Year sales? I have already placed an order for supplies for the next soapmaking round but am sure I will be making plenty more soap in the future.

Last edited:
::gasp:: There is a local source???!!! For the sake of simplicity I'll say I'm in Birmingham.

Yes, I'm waiting on some of the very oils you mentioned. Hmm, I may have to go to Community Candle and buy a "small amount" just to tide me over until my shipment arrives. Ah, who am I kidding? I'll go to Community Candle regardless just to check out the sniffs and see what FOs I can get that I haven't already ordered. ::happy dance:: You've made my day!

Last edited:
Hi BeesKnees! I'm pretty new too. Welcome to the forum- you will find a ton of info here.

Welcome to the forum and the addiction that is soap making! I'm also in the Bham area so just shout if you need anything. Community Candle is definitely the best local source for FOs and general soaping supplies. You can also find base oils at Costco and Restaurant Depot if you don't mind buying in bulk. Feel free to PM me if there's something specific you're looking for. I might have extra on hand or be planning to order something online where we could split shipping charges (dixiedragon & I split orders quite often).

Yup, Dorietta and I are Enabling Buddies!

"You want anything from Brambleberry?"
"Wellll....since you're ordering anyway...I might as well get some rose mica...and some Black Raspberry Vanilla...Oh that looks good...."

Community Candle is on Chandalar Road behind the Tiger Rock dojo.

I soaped their Fruit Loops FO about a week ago and so far it's TO DIE FOR.

ETA: they are open from 8 am until 4 pm, Mon-Friday, I think. No evening or weekend hours.

Last edited:
Yup, Dorietta and I are Enabling Buddies!

"You want anything from Brambleberry?"
"Wellll....since you're ordering anyway...I might as well get some rose mica...and some Black Raspberry Vanilla...Oh that looks good...."

Community Candle is on Chandalar Road behind the Tiger Rock dojo.

I soaped their Fruit Loops FO about a week ago and so far it's TO DIE FOR.

ETA: they are open from 8 am until 4 pm, Mon-Friday, I think. No evening or weekend hours.

Ha, as if I need enabling! It may be a saving grace that Community Candle is only open 8-4 M-F.

Yum, Fruit Loops FO is calling me based on name alone.....I have a few nieces who might find that fun and goodness knows there isn't a toy that they don't already have. I just made a batch with Bubble Gum FO that I am hoping turns out well for them but it would be nice to have a backup.....Yes, I need to try to make a trip to Pelham one of these days soon. Thanks for the info! :)

Latest posts

Back