Hello from a newbie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

Back about 2 years ago I did a couple soaps with lard and no other fat, just really small batches. I didn't have much money to start then, and I don't have much now but I'm looking into it again anyway :)

I use Burt's Bees for my daughter right now, but I'd like to learn how to make gentle natural soaps for our whole family. Long time down the road (maybe in a year) I'd like to sell them, but for now I'd just like to share with friends and family. I'm also interested in making hair conditioner and lotions, but I think I'll start with soaps first.

This site looks really friendly and helpful! Looking forward to getting started again.

And I had a question, is it okay to link to my Etsy shop in my signature? I see other people's shops... but I don't sell soap ;)

Thanks,
Cara

Welcome, Cara.
Ya know, there are plenty of low-cost oils available on the grocer shelf you could use. I'm sure plenty here would help you work up a grocery shelf recipe! :wink:

Latest posts

Back