Hello from a bored isolater!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazingstar

Reaction score
Hi!! My name's Blaze & I'm a 20y/o Aussie who's off work for a week over easter thanks to the virus.
Not as extreme as most, I know, but working retail means I'm essential, apparently :p
But I picked up a melt-and-pour kit from a local homegoods store before the apocalypse hit, and I LOVE IT. I made my first lot last night and I can't wait to get more supplies!! I think I'll be sticking to melt-and-pour for a bit just to get the basics down, esp since I'm dyspraxic and don't generally do too well with processes that are *super* exact like the other methods seem to be, thanks to my own clumsy hands 3:

Hi and welcome from a few Aussie! I'm in Perth now but originally from NSW/Vic. Also an essential worker over here :)

Hi!! My name's Blaze & I'm a 20y/o Aussie who's off work for a week over easter thanks to the virus.
Not as extreme as most, I know, but working retail means I'm essential, apparently :p
But I picked up a melt-and-pour kit from a local homegoods store before the apocalypse hit, and I LOVE IT. I made my first lot last night and I can't wait to get more supplies!! I think I'll be sticking to melt-and-pour for a bit just to get the basics down, esp since I'm dyspraxic and don't generally do too well with processes that are *super* exact like the other methods seem to be, thanks to my own clumsy hands 3:

Melt and pour soaps can be very pretty and have so many different options. I've only done CP, but there are so many pretty MP soaps I've seen you YT

Welcome, Blaze. There are beautiful soaps you can make with melt and pour and the bases have become better and better over the years. I used to get so jealous at the beautiful soaps my daughter would make with melt and pour before she had to quit due to health issues. Never let anyone make you feel like you are taking shortcuts because you are not. M&P is an absolute art that I am awful at. So enjoy!!
happy-easter-bunny.gif

I have to admit I am terrible at MP and totally in awe of some of the things people can do with it! There's an Australian soapmaker called Dean who does MP and you tube clips. I think on you tube he is sentinel soaps

Last edited:
I have a completely different set of issues with my hands so on some levels, I can relate to knowing your limits and working around them. M&P is perfectly fine to start with. I agree with everything said and you should definitely look up Dean on YT. Apparently he's a major player when it comes to M&P so I'm sure you can learn a lot from him.
Welcome aboard.

I will mention I am terrible with m&p because I did not have the interest in it to make it pretty. My daughter liked to play and had patience. She got me into making cp because of her epilepsy and it was too dangerous for her to handle lye especially with a small child around at the time. She loves to tinker. Her tinkering of choice now is decorative sugar cookies which she decorates beautifully, of which I received a box full a few days ago.

Latest posts

Back