Hello fellow soap makers!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goat soap rulz!

Reaction score
Howdy y’all! I have been making goats milk soap for about 2-3 years now! I would say I am on the beginner's side of intermediate lol! The reason I say that is because I just started using micas and other colorants in my soaps!
I ordered the royal upgrade from mad Micas and am waiting for it to come in the mail! But my nurture soap package came in the mail yesterday and they gifted me a small bottle of Hollywood Pink mica! I used it with activated charcoal and regular colored soap and poured it in funky layers!! It turned out like this!

1F99C0E5-6C52-44E6-8EA5-E6A9FB1B3BFC.jpeg

D317FAEB-0782-4BDA-AC57-F12D787F0578.jpeg

I am quite happy with how my first colored soap turned out, although I wish I swirled it! But you live and you learn right?

I have a small herd of 8 goats right now. One day, I found myself overwhelmed with the amount of milk I was getting, so I knew what I had to do... MAKE SOAP! And that kinda how it all started! I am so thankful for all of the milk I get from my ladies, especially in these times!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi! I can't wait to learn so much about soap making here!

Thank you!

OH! and i have a question!

I ordered from Bramble Berry on July 7th. It came in on the 20th. It took FOREVER to ship. When my package came, the box looked like it had already been open, and my lotion preservative had spilled about half of it in the box. I just figured it was from maybe short-staffed from the pandemic, so I let it slide. I have been reading a bit and seen yall saying things like "another reason to stay away from BB" I have usually been satisfied with them, but if they are a bad company, or are involved in bad things, please let me know, and I will stop doing business with them, because I had no idea!

Thanks!

He
OH! and i have a question!

I ordered from Bramble Berry on July 7th. It came in on the 20th. It took FOREVER to ship. When my package came, the box looked like it had already been open, and my lotion preservative had spilled about half of it in the box. I just figured it was from maybe short-staffed from the pandemic, so I let it slide. I have been reading a bit and seen yall saying things like "another reason to stay away from BB" I have usually been satisfied with them, but if they are a bad company, or are involved in bad things, please let me know, and I will stop doing business with them, because I had no idea!

Thanks!

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your first colored soap. As for BB I don’t personally order from them as they take way too long to ship. And I can get pretty much what I need from other companies with more timely shipping and sometimes better pricing. Many here use and like them. I would contact them and let them know your package leaked. Preservatives are expensive.

Howdy y’all! I have been making goats milk soap for about 2-3 years now! I would say I am on the beginner's side of intermediate lol! The reason I say that is because I just started using micas and other colorants in my soaps!
I ordered the royal upgrade from mad Micas and am waiting for it to come in the mail! But my nurture soap package came in the mail yesterday and they gifted me a small bottle of Hollywood Pink mica! I used it with activated charcoal and regular colored soap and poured it in funky layers!! It turned out like this!

View attachment 47432
View attachment 47433
I am quite happy with how my first colored soap turned out, although I wish I swirled it! But you live and you learn right?

I have a small herd of 8 goats right now. One day, I found myself overwhelmed with the amount of milk I was getting, so I knew what I had to do... MAKE SOAP! And that kinda how it all started! I am so thankful for all of the milk I get from my ladies, especially in these times!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi! I can't wait to learn so much about soap making here!
I like. It’s funky and sassy my kinda soap

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your first colored soap. As for BB I don’t personally order from them as they take way too long to ship. And I can get pretty much what I need from other companies with more timely shipping and sometimes better pricing. Many here use and like them. I would contact them and let them know your package leaked. Preservatives are expensive.
I agree BB does take too long and everything they sell is expensive.I do love their soaping tutorials. Ordered two micas after waiting a month it came and one of the colors wasn’t closed properly so it spilled on everything else. 😔 Emailing BB is even worse I got a response after two months concerning a fragrance I was looking for lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! I am brand new here too, but just wanted to mirror what others have said about BB shipping times. My first order was placed around the middle of May and I didnt receive it until June 10. I emailed them twice about it and finally got a response around the 5th of June.

I have been sourcing other suppliers and have also found many to be less expensive than BB.

P.S. I also ordered the Royal Upgrade from NG and am so excited to start those tutorials!!!

Can I use 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol to stop my soaps from soda ashing? Do I just have to spray more often than I do with the 91%? obviously, rubbing alcohol is hard to come by right now. I have a farm, so I have over a gallon of 70% in case of any injuries to the animals, I use it for cleaning, etc.

Speaking only for myself, alcohol never worked all that great for me. Over time, I found that my best, practically foolproof defense against ash is making sure to completely gel my soap plus refraining from un-molding until the soap is completely cooled off. Since doing that, it's extremely rare that I ever get ash, and in those rare times that I do (because I was impatient and unmolded when the soap was just a little bit warm still), it's just a light dusting that comes right off with a swipe of a damp cloth.

IrishLass :)

How many hours later do you unmold your soap? I do mine about 18 hours later. It is definitely completely cool by then!!

Back