Hello Everyone.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody

Reaction score
I am relatively new to soapmaking and have only made it a few times. I AM SOOOO HOOKED!!! Any tips or unusual creations would be helpful. I live in an artsy type small town and EVERYONE (O.K. maybe jsut A LOT of people) sells soap here. I am looking to do something a little different.

Greetings Jody! It's nice to have you here.

Must be heaven to live there! People look at me either like I'm (A) Crazy (B) so poor I can't afford to buy it, or (C) Ma Kettle when I say I make soap.

Welcome

A big hello to you Jodie.
Were is that small town you come from.
I am sure you will find heaps of stimulating ideas here.
:lol:
So if everyones making soaps who do you sell them too?
Do you all go out of town to bigger cities to make those sales?
:idea: :idea:

Re: Welcome

starduster said:

In British Columbia and we have a lot of tourists in the summer time.

Re: Welcome

Jody said:
starduster said:

In British Columbia and we have a lot of tourists in the summer time.

I just went a googling British Columbia. I hadn't bothered too much with Geography all those years back at school. I quickly saw a Mica Creek, and wonder if they get Mica colouring there.I saw a bear Creek, no wondering on that one.
Then I looked up photos of BC. Wow it is so pretty ,waterfalls beautiful scenery, soap eating bears. :roll:
http://grandcanyon.free.fr/images/cascade/thumb.html
I was unaware it was in Canada.
No wonder you get Heaps of Tourists.
Are all the soap makers chummy.Do you share ideas or do you have to hold your cards close to your chest.
Actually I already realise that is a silly thought. Because yes, you want to have total Wow impact. Knock em dead and have all the tourists swariming to your tables. :lol:
So while everyone else is doing Bear soaps , you will; be making something quaint, cute, something indefinably YOU.
I am sure you will get those ideas here,
:idea: :idea: :idea:

You made me smile Stardust. Especially the bears. We have a lot of bears where I live and I won't say they are harmless but you do get used to them. I wouldn't want to pet one no matter how cute they can be. I have a large garden and they love it in my yard. In the fall most mornings I wake up to big piles of bear do-do in my yard. We try and pick up all the fruit and keep the garden and bird feeders clean because if they get too used to people they have to be killed and no one wants that. There have been 2 killed by my house in the last few years and it's sad. The last one ran out of my yard into a car and an injured bear is a VERY dangerous bear.

One this year tore my plum tree right in half!!!!! They should be sleeping now though. Fattened themselves up on my fruits and veggies :D

Bears and such

Jody said:
You made me smile Stardust. Especially the bears. We have a lot of bears where I live and I won't say they are harmless but you do get used to them. I wouldn't want to pet one no matter how cute they can be. I have a large garden and they love it in my yard. In the fall most mornings I wake up to big piles of bear do-do in my yard. We try and pick up all the fruit and keep the garden and bird feeders clean because if they get too used to people they have to be killed and no one wants that. There have been 2 killed by my house in the last few years and it's sad. The last one ran out of my yard into a car and an injured bear is a VERY dangerous bear.

One this year tore my plum tree right in half!!!!! They should be sleeping now though. Fattened themselves up on my fruits and veggies :D
Wow, that sounds like such a fantasy to me. Yes it would be sad when they get killed.
I love my teddy bears tho.

Back