Hello Everyone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is Sandy,
I recently retired early from my 25 year job. I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I have seven grandchildren that spend a lot of time at our farm. I work at being a farmers wife, process all of our own fruits and vegetables and have made cold process soap for a couple of years, I consider myself a novice still in the soap making community. For years I used baby products on myself, read the chemicals in it and decided to research and started making my own. A lot of trial and error. I am so excited to have a little more time to learn more from all of you experienced soapers. I also dabble in metal designs, wire designs and stained glass. Most of my crafts were stored in boxes for 25 years and have just recently brought them out. Looking forward to learn.

Hi! My friend attended college at Grinnell and I went there for her graduation. Lovely town. And awesome steakhouse!

What a small world. Grinnell College is a very nice college and the Grinnell Steakhouse is top pick for my special place to eat. We are friends with the owner(s) and they pride themselves in homemade specialties.
Welcome, Sandy! :wave: Sounds like you're living the life that this city girl has always dreamed of living.

IrishLass :)

I love the farm life. Sometimes it seems like it is a lot of hard work. I think I am busier now retiring than when I was working my full time job. Wondering how I even managed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sandy!

I'm in Eastern Iowa, near (ish) Waterloo! Grinnell is a lovely town. I worked with lots of the musicians at the college when I was student teaching in Des Moines.

I would love to see some of your stained glass work! Post some in the crafts section of the forum if you're willing! I find stained glass extremely beautiful and would love to start making it once I'm no longer renting and have the space.

Welcome to the forum; it's a wonderful place :)

Hi Sandy!

I'm in Eastern Iowa, near (ish) Waterloo! Grinnell is a lovely town. I worked with lots of the musicians at the college when I was student teaching in Des Moines.

I would love to see some of your stained glass work! Post some in the crafts section of the forum if you're willing! I find stained glass extremely beautiful and would love to start making it once I'm no longer renting and have the space.

Welcome to the forum; it's a wonderful place :)

I am a novice at stained glass. I don't sell the pieces that I made, just gave them as gifts.:) I can try to post a few of my crafts in the craft section. Being shy. I love this place. I find myself coming here reading instead of doing my work.

Welcome! I did stained glass for a few years when I was in high school up until the end of college. I've stopped now since I don't have as much time.

I also did metal working. What kind of metal working do you do? I did fold forming and wax casting. I really loved learning all about it. I'd like to get back into it one day but it is SUCH an expensive hobby! And with the time it took to make anything, I never wanted to sell it.

I am a novice at stained glass. I don't sell the pieces that I made, just gave them as gifts.:) I can try to post a few of my crafts in the craft section. Being shy. I love this place. I find myself coming here reading instead of doing my work.

Oooo, yes, pictures. We looove pictures in here! Of everything really. Soap, animals, hobbies - it`s all good :mrgreen:

Welcome! I did stained glass for a few years when I was in high school up until the end of college. I've stopped now since I don't have as much time.

I also did metal working. What kind of metal working do you do? I did fold forming and wax casting. I really loved learning all about it. I'd like to get back into it one day but it is SUCH an expensive hobby! And with the time it took to make anything, I never wanted to sell it.

Galaxy, I love working with copper wire and copper sheeting. Nothing fancy just what my hands and imagination can come up with. Trying my hand this past year at it. There is so much I want to try. Really interested in yard art for summer. My children and family members have gotten a lot of my pieces. My first love is soap and trying to share with others.

Back