Hello Everyone!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worcesternoah

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just joined, and figured I would introduce myself.
My name is Noah, I am in the H&B industry, love crafting and all things DIY. I really want to learn more about soap-making, it is a beautiful art :)

Are there any essential threads that I should read here? Any threads that anyone could recommend?

Cheers!

Howdy and welcome. A good start are the stickies on the beginner section and then maybe the most recent page or two on that forum. :)

Hi Noah, welcome, what is H&B? I recommend the stickies too, I did not read them when I first started, and should have. Also, if you have a Kindle, Anne Watson has a good intro to soaping book for 99c for the Kindle version.

Hey everyone,
I just joined, and figured I would introduce myself.
My name is Noah, I am in the H&B industry, love crafting and all things DIY. I really want to learn more about soap-making, it is a beautiful art :)

Are there any essential threads that I should read here? Any threads that anyone could recommend?
All of them, you can never have enough knowledge, the more you read the more it sinks in.

Cheers!

Welcome

I would read as much as you can get your hands on so to speak. I agree with EG's recommendations.

I agree with EG and the others. Read, read and read some more. I read just about every post on this forum when I first started. A LOT of great information and advice.

I also agree with the above. There are a lot of newbies who have picked up erroneous information somewhere, I'm assuming it was on the internet. There are some good sources to be found there, but also a lot of junk. Soaping 101 has some good videos, Brambleberry has some. My favorite book is Smart Soapmaking by Anne Watson. You need to be sure you're getting valid info, because the more people there are soaping, the more there are putting out info, and it's not always accurate. Of course, this forum is a wealth of information and years of experience, so you've found a good place to start. I would also recommend to be patient, and go slow. Start simple. It will be worth it in the end. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back