Hello everyone!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Hazel! He's a collie. He doesn't fit the contemporary idea most have based off of Lassie, but collies do come in black, technically tri-color.

I tried enlarging the pic to get a better view but it blurred out. So, I based what I thought your dog might be on what I could see - mainly the spotted leg. :lol: He kind of looked like my sister's Australian shepherd so I made a guess. Still he's a pretty looking dog. :grin:

I'm interested in hearing how the pear mead soap turns out.

LOL people typically think he's a mix because they've never seen a tri before, so I usually just cut right to the explanation ;P But thanks!

I have soap calc open in a different tab and I'm about to start it! Fingers crossed ;)

Hero

IMG_20120704_151248.jpg

IMG_20130117_213920-1.jpg

IMG_20121229_085019.jpg

Hi Joshua welcome to the forum! You'll find great information on here and great people. I'm a big gardener too and I use a lot of the herbs and things out of my garden to both color and scent my soap (not a lot of the scent survives the CP, but a little does with added boost from FO or EO).

When people ask me when I'm going to have children I just glare at them lol Hero keeps me plenty busy.
I was actually going to ask, if I used rose water, do you think it would survive the process? I would really like to try to harvest the scent from my Peruvians or Lily of the Valleys. And roses, obviously lol
Thank you, Frank!

Unfortunately it probably will get lost. Unless you have older soaps that have gone through the chemical process and you are rebatching, but in that case, you really want to go light handed on liquid when you rebatch your recipe.

Liz is right and I think she gave an excellent suggestion for rebatching. Also, lilies of the valley are poisonous so you definitely don't want to use them in soap.

Those are great pictures of Hero.

Back