Hello, bonjour!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overthemoon

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm Robyn and I've just inherited about 2kg of lye from my roommate's aunt and I am preparing for my first attempt at cold press or any other soap. I have almost everything I will need, except a couple of FOs since I am still befuddled over what brands are any good etc. Oiy, I've only ever played with EOs but I need jasmine for this batch and I am not rich, if it works, it's for Mom.

Low down on me is I live in the Lower Mainland of BC, am unattached and Mom to two kitties. Puck, a 3 year old Himalayan and Folly a 15 month old polydactyl.

This forum is a god send.

Hi Robyn,

Welcome to the Forum! Loads of good fo suppliers, WSP, Peak, Bramble Berry, to name just a few. Check out the scent review for some ideas. WSP is offering free shipping on fos so that could save you some $$$.

Be sure to let us know how your first batch goes. :)

Jude

Thanks for the warm and informative discussion. My biggest constraint, I think, is that I do not use credit cards so any supplier I use will have to take paypal.

Free shipping sounds nice, I'll check them all out to see their prices. I can actually have supplies shipped to the US since my roommate's step father and mother live in WA and she visits frequently.

I already sew and cook, soap sounds like another domestic hobby to enjoy.

I'll be sure to post a picture if I manage to produce something soap-like.

EDIT: Just made an order through WSP. Goody :D

It can't be as bad as my sewing and my sister's knitting. We both have closets of supplies going unused because we have to many plans and projects going and too little time.

Oh wait. It will probably be as bad or worse if I enjoy it. And knowing me, I'll love it.

Back