Hello, and Thanks!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesHay

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm Jess and within the last year or so found myself interested in wanting to try and make my own cold processed soap. I don't think I anticipated it to be as intricate as it can be, but I'm certainly learning a lot. I've been taking advantage of these forums and the links provided throughout to learn the background science. Right now I have the Classic Bells website marked for reading about lye concentration and water to lye ratio.... it feels a little daunting to me as someone who struggled with both chemistry and math throughout my education, but I want to understand it. I've started my notebook and am making ground on understanding the process. I've also been able to find an answer to all of my questions so far through searching and I'm looking forward to starting some trial runs.... after I learn about lye solutions. 😬

I tend to be more of a lurker but just in case I really need some help I figured I'd say Hey.

Thanks for all the help so far and in the future!

Welcome Jess :). Interaction is how we keep the forum going, so keep posting. We don't want it to disappear.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jess and within the last year or so found myself interested in wanting to try and make my own cold processed soap. I don't think I anticipated it to be as intricate as it can be, but I'm certainly learning a lot. I've been taking advantage of these forums and the links provided throughout to learn the background science. Right now I have the Classic Bells website marked for reading about lye concentration and water to lye ratio.... it feels a little daunting to me as someone who struggled with both chemistry and math throughout my education, but I want to understand it. I've started my notebook and am making ground on understanding the process. I've also been able to find an answer to all of my questions so far through searching and I'm looking forward to starting some trial runs.... after I learn about lye solutions. 😬

I tend to be more of a lurker but just in case I really need some help I figured I'd say Hey.

Thanks for all the help so far and in the future!
Welcome Jess 🧼👍🏼

Back