Hello all!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Wanted to introduce myself on the forum. My name is Todd and I am a lurker here on the forums that decided to officially join. My interests are mainly in shaving soaps and products. I've made my first small Hot Process batch using the SongWind's and JBLA's (member of the Badger and Blade shaving forum) Martin de Candre Recipe. It's currently curing in my garage. I purchased terpenes to try and get as close to some of the scents that MCD makes. I'm going to be combing through the material on this forum about essential oil and terpenes as well as blending. I look forward to conversing about these processes.

Best regards,
Todd

Welcome, Todd! I'm dabbling in shave soap (and croap) myself, and will be delighted to hear what you have to share about this subject. Pics are always welcome. :)

Thanks, I've tried a couple MDC dupe recipes, one from Ultimate Soap, and another from a Badger & Blade thread, IIRC. Honestly, neither was that great, but since I've never tried the real thing, I don't know how well they compare.

Back