Hello All

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky660

Reaction score
Wish I found this forum a little earlier. The wealth of knowledge is amazing. I’m a family man that has decided that teaching my kids the more things you can make on your own makes you a stronger self sufficient person. That being said we just finished making out first batch and just finished cutting it into smaller pieces. This looks like a great hobby and life skill to hand down to my kids.

Hi Sparky,

Welcome to the site! This is an incredible resource and I have learned so much over the past few years from them. I love that you and your kids are learning about this together. The first batch of soap I every made was when I was 16 with my dad. He had Sandy Maine's soap book for years but had never made soap before. I found it lying around and I was immediately hooked. 13 years later I am still making soap. I hope it becomes as rewarding a hobby for you and your children as it was for me, and that it gives you the opportunity to spend some quality time with them.

All the best,
Allie

Thanks Allie, it looks like it will be an interesting adventure made so much easier with the knowledge base on this forum.

It's wonderful to see younger people picking up life skills like this and passing to the next generation. I wish you and your family all the best and welcome to the forum. I've learned a lot from everyone here. It's a great place to learn and share.

Happy soaping! :)

Back