Hello All!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noob

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As my alias says, noob here. I've been making soap for a few months now, but I feel I will always be a newbie.

Got interested when I was up at 2am thinking "wonder how soap is made." Seemed simple enough, and I was looking for a hobby where I make something I find useful, and so it began.

So far I have only made basic soap using the "lots of lather" quick mix from Brambleberry and enjoyed the whole CP process, and how the results make my skin feel. People I have given the bars feel the same also.

Only just recently attempted to make my own recipe using Lard as the base ingredient. It's still curing right now, but I had some questions about it. I figured I have leeched so much information from you guys before registering, that I should join up and try to contribute some!

Welcome to the forum.

You will be needing more molds. And storage. And curing racks. Colours! don't forget colours! Fragrance! I almost forgot fragrance.

As you can see soap making is a bit addicting. Great forum here! lots and lots of information to be absorbed.

Thank you all!

Welcome to the forum.

You will be needing more molds. And storage. And curing racks. Colours! don't forget colours! Fragrance! I almost forgot fragrance.

As you can see soap making is a bit addicting. Great forum here! lots and lots of information to be absorbed.

So far it has only been fragrances. I like the look of colors, but not really the effort. lol. I may do simple swirls that don't involve much more than 2 colors being poured in at the same time.

What I would really like is a white bar with a single solid color on one side. About as complicated I want to get. lol. Will be simple, but add some visual fun.

Back