Hello again...back after a long break

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue1965

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Although I joined the group a little over 3 yrs ago, I took a long unexpected break. At that time I was super excited to have started soaping, CP that is. My family was as excited as I was, especially my son.

Some uneventful circumstances arose and my world was turned upside down, more so than I could have ever imagined. Feb 16th marked one year that my son (24 yrs old) took his life. It's been the worse year of my life but I am trying my best to get back on track and keep going for the rest of my family. I have a husband, a 26 yr old daughter and 3 beautiful grandchildren ages 10 mos-5 yrs.

I am ready to start up my soaping again and feel a bit like a newbie. Hopefully it is like riding a bike, once you get back on, it's like you never stopped. I'm excited to be back. I was so excited before and so glad to be back!!

Welcome back, and I'm so very sorry for your loss. Soaping can be therapeutic as well as other hobbies that allow you to create. I look forward to seeing your first batch you share!

So sorry for your loss but glad that you are getting back to soaping and also reconnecting with the forum. Welcome back!

I am so sorry this happened to you. There is just nothing worse than losing a child and when the child takes their own life it is magnified. You just never stop asking why... Grandchildren can help a lot and I hope yours are nearby to enjoy
Welcome back and I am sure you will get back in the groove after a few batches. :wave:

I, too, am sorry for your loss. But at the same time, I am glad you have made the positive step to start soaping again. Welcome back! :)

IrishLass :)

I'm so sorry for your loss. My uncle took his life and the effect on those left behind was beyond devastating. Unfortunately I can't ease your pain with my words, but I just wanted to say soaping does help. The sense of calm, peace and joy I feel when soaping has helped me through many a difficult moment. I look forward to seeing your new soaping journeys.

I am so sorry for this tragedy. My nephew was also 24 when he took his own life. It is difficult to understand but forgiveness is key.

Welcome back to the forum. We have a lot of fun and are glad you are here to join us.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Welcome back!

Any plans for your first batch?

Thank you! Yes, I already embarked on my first batch. It's an olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil blend with lavender EO. I haven't unmolded it yet but it looks like its doing fine. I did go with a swirl the first time around (which I probably shouldn't have). In hindsight I should have kept the first batch simple :)

I am so sorry for your loss. My brother took his own life. No words can describe what we went through those first few years. My heart hurts for y'all. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me.

Welcome back!

So sorry for your pain....it's a long, hard journey. I'm so glad to be back. Thank you for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back