Hello! (A newbie from Pakistan)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qasimquaid

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I hope all of you are doing good. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am from Multan, Pakistan, and would like to welcome anyone who might help me with soap making practice being used with in the Pakistan. All the help I found on internet was somehow not applicable in Pakistan, as ingredients are very different, and I am simply not able to find what I am looking. Any kind of suggestion/help will be much appreciated.

Thankx.

Hi!
Water, sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) and oils are the things you need to create soap bars. If you have access to a hard oil like coconut oil or palm oil and some soft oils like soybean oil,olive oil,etc, you can make simple bars by following basic procedures. People here are always willing to help you.

People in this forum come from many different parts of the world, I'm sure there is someone near enough to you, to know about supplies in your area. Looking forward to seeing your soap. Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

As long as you have access to lye, and oils, a good scale and immersion blender(stickblender) you can make soap. If you let us know what kind of oils you have available we can help you with a recipe with what you have accessible. You can make soap without a stickblender but it won't be as easy.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
what type of oils do you have in your area? do you have access to lye {caustic soda}. what exactly are you missing to help you make soap?

Thank you everyone for such a nice welcome!
I really appreciate you concerns. Let me be specific of what kind of ingredients I have access to right now.
Palm Oil (Olien)
Cocunut Oil
Olive Oil
Sodium Hydroxide
Please note that all of these products are from open market, I mean there are no SAP or any other values mentioned on the bottles.

Thank you everyone for such a nice welcome!
I really appreciate you concerns. Let me be specific of what kind of ingredients I have access to right now.
Palm Oil (Olien)
Cocunut Oil
Olive Oil
Sodium Hydroxide
Please note that all of these products are from open market, I mean there are no SAP or any other values mentioned on the bottles.

there are no values on any of the oils i buy, they still work just fine, just be sure your sodium hydroxide is 98%-100% pure.

Thats great! You have everything to make a soap bar.. do you have the basic know how of soap making? If not, there is plenty of information on net. Just Google how to make cold process soap.. and if you could buy a weighing scale that would be very helpful, as correct measurement of each ingredient is required to make a perfect soap. learn to use soap calculator..check www.soapcalc.net . And before your first attempt do share your recipe, so that your first batch is a success. And before your first attempt, clear all your doubts.
Palmolein which is soft,is derived from palm oil, it does not give the same qualities to your soap.
And if i am not wrong, multani mitti is originated from multan, you can add it to your soap as well.
All the best!

Hello Everyone!

I hope all of you are doing good. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am from Multan, Pakistan, and would like to welcome anyone who might help me with soap making practice being used with in the Pakistan. All the help I found on internet was somehow not applicable in Pakistan, as ingredients are very different, and I am simply not able to find what I am looking. Any kind of suggestion/help will be much appreciated.

Thankx.
I am in Pakistan too and face the same problem. Soft oils which are high in poly unsaturated fats are not good in soap. Each time I come up with a recipe it turns out to be harsh. Palm oil is hard to get so that is not an option for me. Olive oil, shea butter cocoa butter are very expensive. Using neem seed oil , tallow and ghee can be used to add hardness to soaps. Canola oil is also good for its conditioning properties in soap. Coconut oil is also widely available. Traditionally most handmade soaps in Pakistan are laundry soaps uses mustard oil. However, that is nit something that I do. Caustic soda is not hard to find in the local markets.

Would you please tell me about where you get these oils from? I am from Pakistan too.

I am in Pakistan too and face the same problem. Soft oils which are high in poly unsaturated fats are not good in soap. Each time I come up with a recipe it turns out to be harsh. Palm oil is hard to get so that is not an option for me. Olive oil, shea butter cocoa butter are very expensive. Using neem seed oil , tallow and ghee can be used to add hardness to soaps. Canola oil is also good for its conditioning properties in soap. Coconut oil is also widely available. Traditionally most handmade soaps in Pakistan are laundry soaps uses mustard oil. However, that is nit something that I do. Caustic soda is not hard to find in the local markets.

Would you please tell me about where you get these oils from? I am from Pakistan too.
This person hasn't been here for 7 yrs, the post is from 2015.

Latest posts

Back