Heavens, they're tasty!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, those look scrumptdillyicious! I'll bring my homemade clotted cream and strawberry jam! (Next time I make my scones, I'm going to try doing them in my cast iron pan.)

IrishLass :)

Oh, those look good, I just loooove homemade bread. And buttermilk just makes everything better. I made buttermilk peach ice cream last week, it was yummy, too. :)

Biscuits and bacon gravy hands down my favorite.
Although I hear squirrel gravy is supposed to be the best. Nice looking biscuits.

Can I join this party?

IMG_20160703_202052.jpg

Well, y'all didn't show up at 8 this morning, so we had to eat them all ourselves. :mrgreen:
By the way, you might be tempted to use one of the fake buttermilk cheats... you can, I have tried it myself. But they turn out so much better with real buttermilk. In fact, next week I'll be making them with real home made buttermilk, I started a culture last night. I have to use store bought milk, but this way I won't have to keep buying those little cartons of buttermilk.

Last edited:
Well, y'all didn't show up at 8 this morning, so we had to eat them all ourselves. :mrgreen:
By the way, you might be tempted to use one of the fake buttermilk cheats... you can, I have tried it myself. But they turn out so much better with real buttermilk. In fact, next week I'll be making them with real home made buttermilk, I started a culture last night. I have to use store bought milk, but this way I won't have to keep buying those little cartons of buttermilk.

Try making some cultured butter. The butter is amazing and you're left with real buttermilk that tastes and looks just like the stuff in the cartons.

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/cream/how-to-make-cultured-butter/

Latest posts

Back