Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash and Quinoa

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
If you're cold and miserable...make this! Our weather has turned suddenly much colder. Much. When I woke up this morning, I just couldn't get warm. Then I remembered this recipe I had saved. It's called Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash and Quinoa. I followed the recipe pretty closely, except I roasted the half of the butternut squash that ends up mashed, along with the onions and garlic, because I love the flavor of roasted veggies. I left out the olives because I didn't have any, and they just didn't seem to go with this recipe anyway. O...M...G! This is so good. I just had a big bowl, and I'm warmed up from the inside out. It's definitely hearty. I'm thinking that it would be good with pearl barley too. I used a big pinch of Herbes de Provence that my girlfriend brought me from her trip to France, and a bay leaf because my mother was French Canadian, and I grew up thinking it's a law that you need to put a bay leaf in everything. I used a lot more parsley than the recipe called for, because I love it, and the stew needed something green. It's called a stew, but it's about as thick as I usually make my soups, because I hate a bowl of broth with a few things floating in it. This will definitely make it onto my favorites list in my soup/stew folder. It's too good not to share.
http://www.cookincanuck.com/2011/11/hearty-chicken-stew-with-butternut-squash-quinoa-recipe/

Back