healthier choice buffalo chicken YUMMY!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
Ok, so my sisters and I decided that we're all going to start eating healthier options. We're not on diets, we're just trying to choose healthier foods.. We came up with this alternative for buffalo chicken wings. It's not diet food, but it's a much better option than the wings we all love. Danielle served these at her superbowl party and everyone went nuts over them Just thought I'd share:

Take some skinless boneless white meat chicken and cut into finger size strips or bite size cubes.

lightly coat in wheat flour

dip in a beat egg and roll in seasoned breadcrumbs (you can use store bought or if you want a more healthy option, make your own with high fiber wheat and rye bread with added ground flax seed... use garlic powder, onion powder basil, salt and pepper to season if you don't already use preseasoned crumbs)

place all pieces on a very shallow pan like a cookie sheet.

drizzle with extra virgin olive oil making sure you get a few drizzles on each piece... (for a pound of chicken I use four tablespoons of oil, you can use more or less or none at all if you want)

Bake at 375 until done.

when chicken is done, place on serving plate, drizzle DON'T DRENCH with Frank's red hot sauce to taste . I used to make my own sauce, but it has a LOT of butter and even corn syrup added, and I found that the franks red hot sauce is just as good and is a calorie free alternative, and it's cheaper than making my own to boot! I serve with a little extra sauce on the side for people who want it hotter.

for dipping you can use a reduced calorie bleu cheese mixed with some fat free plain yougart to bring the calories down and the nutrition up..

You can also make a straight yougart dip (this dip recipe is not mine so I can't take credit for it):
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

mmmm will have to try that! I also heard that oats work well for baked chicken to give it that fried (crunch) feeling... :)

I love food :) especially healthy food

Latest posts

Back