Health update on our little girl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of you are aware that our 8 yr old has been chronically sick with an undiagnosed illness since after Christmas. She was about to start some really traumatic medical tests, when the secretary from school (secretary doesn't adequately describe what this woman does!) called us last week to let us know there's been 4 other students and 2 staff who've been out with the same symptoms for many weeks. She put us in touch with each other, compared stories, and it sounds like we're all dealing with the same thing.

Good news is our girl has been slowly getting better. No fever or missed school for 2 weeks, and her energy and stamina are much better. Bone marrow test is postponed because given what we've learned....this is simply a virus that just takes months to fully rebound from, like mono.

Life is returning to normal, and there are no words for how grateful we are. I have a new compassion for those who aren't so lucky.

Oh my God! What a relief for you! :)
*Health update on our little girl

there are no words for how grateful we are. I have a new compassion for those who aren't so lucky.

Yes! I'm sure it was a life changing experience. Makes you realize what really matters doesn't it?

Last edited:
I had no idea! Thank goodness you found out about the others, and she was spared the bone marrow test! Prayers that she continues to recover!

Very glad to hear your little sweetie is not as ill as you were thinking. I know that has been a huge stress on you!

OK. I'm sitting at my desk crying. I am so happy for you. My friend's daughter was diagnosed as an 8 yr old with leukemia. She had a difficult time and eventually needed a complete bone marrow transplant. She is now a beautiful 24 year old woman that just celebrated her first wedding anniversary. I never want anyone to go through what she and her family went through. This truly is wonderful news. (I am a firm believer in the amazing work that St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does. Lindsey is a living miracle because of them.)

OK. I'm sitting at my desk crying. I am so happy for you. My friend's daughter was diagnosed as an 8 yr old with leukemia. She had a difficult time and eventually needed a complete bone marrow transplant. She is now a beautiful 24 year old woman that just celebrated her first wedding anniversary. I never want anyone to go through what she and her family went through. This truly is wonderful news. (I am a firm believer in the amazing work that St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does. Lindsey is a living miracle because of them.)

And now we're crying together!

I spent months crying with fear, now crying with relief, and joy for your friends who had to endure so much more. Blessings to them and Lindsey.

Glad to hear you may be able to get some answers soon. Me and mine shall be praying for your child.

You are so kind, thank you. We're pretty confident this is over as long as she's symptom free for 2 more weeks = no need for bone marrow or mri. Our doctors are actually conferring with other offices to see ......I don't know....whatever there is to see. Complete blood work check in 4 weeks just to double check things are in order.

Oh my God! What a relief for you! :)
*Health update on our little girl

there are no words for how grateful we are. I have a new compassion for those who aren't so lucky.

Yes! I'm sure it was a life changing experience. Makes you realize what really matters doesn't it?

It absolutely does! The house is an absolute mess with toys everywhere. .....and I don't give a flying fig because she didn't have the strength to play for 3 months!!!

It absolutely does! The house is an absolute mess with toys everywhere. .....and I don't give a flying fig because she didn't have the strength to play for 3 months!!!

Ok, floods of tears! I'm so happy for you. It's the best news ever and means so much :)

So glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. My sister has been dealing with an undiagnosed severe respiratory illness since last fall. All her tests have been negative. She found out that a number of people at her work had the same symptoms over the last 2 years. It took between 6 months and a year before their health returned to normal. There seems to be a number of new infectious agents that haven't been characterized yet that are causing a lot of problems recently. It doesn't add up.

I hope your daughter continues to improve and you can forget about it. Sending more prayers her way.

Some of you are aware that our 8 yr old has been chronically sick with an undiagnosed illness since after Christmas. She was about to start some really traumatic medical tests, when the secretary from school (secretary doesn't adequately describe what this woman does!) called us last week to let us know there's been 4 other students and 2 staff who've been out with the same symptoms for many weeks. She put us in touch with each other, compared stories, and it sounds like we're all dealing with the same thing.

Good news is our girl has been slowly getting better. No fever or missed school for 2 weeks, and her energy and stamina are much better. Bone marrow test is postponed because given what we've learned....this is simply a virus that just takes months to fully rebound from, like mono.

Life is returning to normal, and there are no words for how grateful we are. I have a new compassion for those who aren't so lucky.

Glad to hear that this is resolving in the best possible way. The 14 year old daughter of good friends fell mysteriously ill last year with terrible abdominal pain that sent her to the emergency room a few times, and on the best days prevented her from standing up straight or walking very far. Every diagnostic approach came up with nothing. I used to help by picking her up from school, helping her get up the stairs and looking after her until her parents got home from work. Amongst all the speculation about what might be wrong with her, someone told them about having experienced a virus that caused similar symptoms and took 3 months to resolve. Sure enough, at three months, just before New Year's, she steadily got better. There was never even a diagnosis, but certainly a lot of relief all around.

Latest posts

Back