Hawaiian Breeze...STRONG FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tam

Reaction score
Out of the six FO's I received the other day this one was my least fav so I decided to use it first to get it out of the way.

I used it at .7ppo for a HP batch this afternoon and it is so strong (notice I haven't said "bad") that I think I'm going to have to put it outside...my nose was burning as I cut the bars about 3 hours later!

I am trying to decide on a fragrance for my Hibiscus Soap and I don't think this is gonna work. I wanted something floral and tropical but not coconutty. Anyone have a good suggestion?

This is the description from Nature's Garden: A tropical outdoor blend with fruity notes of orange, pineapple, peach and strawberry combined with floral nuances of jasmine and lavender.

It's just too sharp for me and I can't smell any of that other stuff...maybe good for use in something else. I'm not giving up hope, I had a similar experience with the Creme Brulee but after it ages about two weeks it's wonderful.

I'm not sure what to do with the soap....hmmmm I DO have a rather stinky dog right now......

Give it a few days, even a couple weeks. Sometimes it takes that long for the scent to develop. Especially blends - top notes can be dormant during the cure and bloom after a few weeks. Bottom notes can be aggressive in the short term and mellow out later.

Well, I probably could use some work in the "patience" area.....! :lol:

Thanks.

I just thought I would give an update on the "Hawaiian Breeze" from NG.

It is better now, but it is not something I will buy again. I've had mixed reviews from people saying they hate it to it was a "clean smell" but no one seems enthusiastic about it.

My let down was that it does not seem tropical to me, more of a lime-mixed-with-unidentifiable-smells kind of scent.

I have to tell you, I thought I had ordered from them before. I did a password search and lo and behold, I had. In 2006. Hawaiian Ginger, Green Tea and Pina Colada. They were so nice, sent me samples and a cute mouse pad. But the oil was not my favorite. I did a series of Hawaiian soaps for my friends daughters bridal shower. Her wedding was in Hawaii, beautiful! Anyway,2 of the scents were sort of chemically and not really what I was looking for. The green tea, however was very good.

I never ordered from them again. Please let me know how the other scents work out. They really were all aces in the customer service dept. Hopefully I just got a few of the "not the best".

Back