Having Fun

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaraCara

Reaction score
I've been a little busy these past couple of weeks. :-D

From left to right

1st photo:
-Oatmeal Milk Honey soap, HP (lovely stuff)
-Bastile soap with olive and coconut oil
-Beer soap, complete with suds. Even smells a bit like beer. I used cocoa to darken the bottom and some titanium dioxide to lighten the top.

2nd photo:
-Round castile soap. no colour or fragrance. I'm looking forward to Christmas when it will probably be good and ready for use. :mrgreen:
-Pinkish rebatch of the conditioning soap from the Thanks Lindy thread. Didn't like how it turned out the first time.
-Yellow/white swirled heart shapes, made with almond, castor, coconut and olive oil. Used a FO sample (5 ml) of a herbal clean scent.

3rd photo:
This is a recipe with the same ingredients as the yellow/white swirl, scented with lemongrass EO. Not only did it supeheat and fully gel but it's still squishy after about a week. The exterior is dry and there is no zap so I'm wondering if the fragrance set it off or maybe the oxides used to colour it. Another Christmas bar, I think.

4th photo:
My latest...Tea, buttermilk and honey, all added just before trace. This heated up considerably but didn't fully gel so I popped it in the oven for about 5 mins at 170 and then shut it off. No scent but the colour is like butterscotch pudding so I might order a sweet scent for next time.

My preference is definitely the milk soaps. The chocolate orange soap I made last month is wonderful! It has good lather and has an orange scent that I can only describe as rich but delicate (I infused EOO with grated orange peels). It should be even better in another month.

Thanks to all for providing recipes and and for giving me ideas. I have enough soap to last me into the next decade, I think.;)

Beer, bastile, oatmeal.jpg

hearts.jpg

lemongrass.jpg

tea.jpg

Thanks! I had to label and bag all the soaps and put them away..need to wait a month or so for everything to cure and having them laying around is just plain tempting to use or make more.

Latest posts

Back