Have you seen this hair dryer technique?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like immersing yourself in someone else's dream ... with chaos before the beauty.

In one of her other videos, I think she uses a straw to push the thin colour layers about.

I am stubbornly refusing to play with (soap safe) artificial colours ... because I know if I start, I will lose sight of my goal ... but this? This is my temptation ... what a technique!

It's like immersing yourself in someone else's dream ... with chaos before the beauty.

In one of her other videos, I think she uses a straw to push the thin colour layers about.

I am stubbornly refusing to play with (soap safe) artificial colours ... because I know if I start, I will lose sight of my goal ... but this? This is my temptation ... what a technique!

Well a straw would definitely be more controllable. That hair dryer just looks like a recipe for disaster to me. I'd have to drape my kitchen in sheets of plastic a la Dexter. lol I wonder how things went the first time she tried it! She sure does manage to get some beautiful effects, though. The ingenuity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

I tried this a couple of weeks ago. My bottom layer went perfectly, and then I decided to use a different FO for the top - of course it didn't behave, so it didn't work out so well. Anyway...

The May challenge uses a technique I have tried with acrylic paint, and have been wondering about trying with soap. I have also been ogling nebula pictures for quite some time and thinking about soap. Which led me to YouTube, and I stumbled across this very video. It is beautiful, isn't it? And I plan to give it another try - hair dryer and all!

I tried this a couple of weeks ago. My bottom layer went perfectly, and then I decided to use a different FO for the top - of course it didn't behave, so it didn't work out so well. Anyway...

The May challenge uses a technique I have tried with acrylic paint, and have been wondering about trying with soap. I have also been ogling nebula pictures for quite some time and thinking about soap. Which led me to YouTube, and I stumbled across this very video. It is beautiful, isn't it? And I plan to give it another try - hair dryer and all!

You're a braver woman than I! I bow down to your courageous, adventurous, spirit. But don't call me when you need to clean soap off your ceiling!!! lol

bow down.gif

Latest posts

Back