Have you ever....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
.... lost a full batch of soap in your own house?

I made a batch of gardener's hand soap in January and I can't find it. I have no idea where I put it. I know I wanted to put it in a safe place but, sheesh, there's safe and there's safe. I live in a small place, a 2 bedroom suite. And I can't find it???

Where would you hide if you were a batch of gardener's hand soap?

I've never lost a batch of soap because it's all stored in one place. But every Christmas, without fail, there is at least one thing I tucked away and can't find. Usually more than one thing. Not helpful, I know. Maybe under a bed?

I recently *found* a batch of soap I totally forgot about -- I put it in the shower in the guest bathroom that doesn't get used very often, with the curtains closed. Completely escaped my mind for a long time. :)
I hope you find it!

.... lost a full batch of soap in your own house?

I made a batch of gardener's hand soap in January and I can't find it. I have no idea where I put it. I know I wanted to put it in a safe place but, sheesh, there's safe and there's safe. I live in a small place, a 2 bedroom suite. And I can't find it???

Where would you hide if you were a batch of gardener's hand soap?

Look under the bed! I keep my homemade jams there in boxes

I've forgotten a full batch of soap (a few of them) before but I can't say that I have lost a batch. Maybe they're in a box on a shelf somewhere?

I've forgotten a full batch of soap (a few of them) before but I can't say that I have lost a batch. Maybe they're in a box on a shelf somewhere?
That's what I'm thinking. I remember putting the box away but do you think I can remember where? I'm sure I'll come across them before long and I'll find them somewhere so obvious I'll be surprised I didn't see them.

Yep, lost a re batch of gardeners soap and have never found it, probably in a safe place in a box or tin. I'm still looking for my Derwent pencils in the wooden box so I can do some colouring.:rolleyes:

OMG, I would be up at night eating that ! :)
I’ve stored batches of plain superfatted soap to remake later in cigar boxes I buy from cigar stores or wine shops cheaply. Then I put in weird places all over. I’m a mess! When I find them they’re cured and I remake with more super fat ting half n half, yogurt. Just don’t fret it’ll show up!

No. But I have lost pens, kids, and my husband once in a very large crowd. There was a tub of sugar scrub last summer that I had lost but eventually found rolling around the back of my vehicle. I called it product testing and moved on.

LOL! It happens to the best of us. My son is autistic, and I have to be extra careful, where I put supplies and soaps, cause it'll be disastrous. Not that he'll eat it, but he'll throw them around like a baseball...lol. I'll hide it from him and when i go look for it, I can't remember where I hid it. I'm thinkin' Alzheimers is kickin' in early...LOL! When I finally do find it, it'll be exactly where I left then I'll remember, but it'll be after I quit looking and bought new supplies...LOL! You'll find it. Check in dresser drawers, closets and especially under beds where you can visit, Neverland. ;)

Last edited:
My worst one was an Easter egg. In Alaska we had to hide them in the house due snow still being on the ground outside. It was one of our first years in our cabin and when all the eggs were found, I thought there was one short. After the kids went to bed that night I did some heavy searching and found nothin so assumed all was okay. About 3-4 years later, I got into some of the junk that was stored under the stairs cubby. I found the egg. It was one of those years that had the plastic sleeves that went around the cold egg before you put it in the water to boil. It was still intact, but I disposed of it in the outside trash rather than take a chance that it would break inside. We were very lucky!

My worst one was an Easter egg. In Alaska we had to hide them in the house due snow still being on the ground outside. It was one of our first years in our cabin and when all the eggs were found, I thought there was one short. After the kids went to bed that night I did some heavy searching and found nothin so assumed all was okay. About 3-4 years later, I got into some of the junk that was stored under the stairs cubby. I found the egg. It was one of those years that had the plastic sleeves that went around the cold egg before you put it in the water to boil. It was still intact, but I disposed of it in the outside trash rather than take a chance that it would break inside. We were very lucky!

A few years ago my dad's girlfriend hid real eggs around my house for an Easter egg hunt, for us adult kids (?!!) - and couldn't remember how many she hid...... or where..... in our new fixer upper house that had holes in the walls, unpacked boxes, and so forth.
We searched for hours in the fear that we would miss one. Would have been better as an April fool's prank.

A few years ago my dad's girlfriend hid real eggs around my house for an Easter egg hunt, for us adult kids (?!!) - and couldn't remember how many she hid...... or where..... in our new fixer upper house that had holes in the walls, unpacked boxes, and so forth.
We searched for hours in the fear that we would miss one. Would have been better as an April fool's prank.
Oh, this was a real egg...it was just decorated with a plastic sleeve...popular in the 80's maybe. That was why I took it directly to the trash outside. I could just imagine someone tossing something in the trash that would penetrate it.! I just have no idea why it did not burst in the ensuing years prior to finding it.

Our outdoor dog insisted on getting in the house one year. He went straight over to the unfound Easter egg and out with it.
That was the first and last time Mom let us hide them in the house.

I *think* I know where all the soap batches are. But then again I have tripped over a shoe box once or twice that I had stashed and then temporarily mis - remembered.

I've learned to not trust my memory. I can see myself putting a project(?) in a box and stowing it away and then tearing the house apart only to find it NOT in the box that I was expecting it to be in, the one that I "knew" I put it in...but I would only find it when I stopped looking for the box and started opening every single container in the house. I lot of times it is where I thought it would be but not in the container I "knew" it was in. I've become my mother ! LOL

Back