Have you ever baked an edible with cocoa butter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
I've been looking for dessert recipes with cocoa butter, with little success. Found one or two I might try this week. Will post if I make it.

Cocoa Butter cupcakes:

2.5 ounces CB
3 large eggs
1 TBSP nut butter
6tsp honey
2 tsps vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
6 ounces finely ground almonds (almond flour).

If you want the how-to on this, let me know.

Anyone have any other recipes for baking edibles with cocoa butter?

Hi Diane

I didn't realize you were on this forum :D

When I was selling cocoa butter people always asked me if I had recipes to bake with it. One lady on the other forum (I can't even remember the name of it anymore) tried making candy with it. She never did get back to me on how it came out.

Since the cocoa butter is just the fat removed from the cocoa bean I don't see why it couldn't be substituded in recipes calling for butter or other solid fat. Although it is a bit more dense than butter or shortening ... Hmmmm now you have me wondering ...LOL

Let us know now the cup cakes turn out.

~Sharon

Wow will be watching to see how it goes............I so love the smell of the cocoa butter. My supplier sends it in buttons just like the choc melt buttons you buy from the grocers and I am always just a tad tempted to take a nibble as I am a serious chocoholic :oops:

Back