Have you ever accidentally put freshly made bath bombs in a warm oven?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navaria

Reaction score
Made my first batch of bath bombs today. Looked great. Smelled awesome. Finally something I did today was going to turn out right! I didn't want to put them in the basement to set up (which is where I put my soaps) because of moisture. Where to put them?? Hmmm. Lightbulb! I'll stick them in the oven! Not humid. No one will mess with them. Perfect! Except I forgot I had used it earlier and it was apparently still warm. Sigh. This is how my whole day has gone. Time to trade my soap apron for a wine glass!

20160314_151604.jpg

Oh, that's a serious bummer! I've had days like yours -- you definitely have my sympathy!!!

Well, I broke off a corner to test (they're quite hard already for some reason lol) and they fizz! The funny thing is, I used Fluffy Pink Candy fo and they really look like cotton candy that has drawn moisture!

Cotton candy, love it! Failed bath bombs I've mashed up, put them in jars as bath fizz and given them to family and friends.

I had that kind of day too, sorta. Ever had days when you go out and it seems like everyone wants to hurt you? Enroute to and from errands I had two trucks and one car veer into my lane (rural, narrow back roads), and a couple of squirrels. Someone tried to back into me in the parking lot. I almost never honk my horn but did, twice. High-tailed it home, sigh of relief and a glass of wine!

Hmmm. Maybe you're finding a new way to make bath bombs???

Eh. My daughter just used one in her bath and it lasted less than a minute. She promptly asked for another. That was for the flat ones. Maybe the ones that still have some shape will last longer

Cotton candy, love it! Failed bath bombs I've mashed up, put them in jars as bath fizz and given them to family and friends.

I had that kind of day too, sorta. Ever had days when you go out and it seems like everyone wants to hurt you? Enroute to and from errands I had two trucks and one car veer into my lane (rural, narrow back roads), and a couple of squirrels. Someone tried to back into me in the parking lot. I almost never honk my horn but did, twice. High-tailed it home, sigh of relief and a glass of wine!

Yikes! Sounds like your day was even worse! I hate road hogs on country roads!

These are kind of sticky right now but if they dry enough I may do that. My daughter loves them so I guess they're not a failure in her eyes :)

Back