Have Y'all Seen This??!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerelife

Reaction score
Apparently The Wooden Wick Co (now Makesy) is jumping hard into CP soaping supplies.
I think what really cheeses my grits is that they keep repeating that their CP formula is safe to use after 48 hours. Well duh...so is everyone else's. The disregard for the quality of the soap we share or sell is disturbing since they only discuss water loss and the weight of the soap and act like cure time is some old-fashioned idea that can be disregarded. Oh, and that Ph thing...really?
Safe to use and quality are 2 different things. I mean, technically it's safe to eat a can of cat food but who would want to if you can have a can of tuna?
Am I overreacting or is this both ridiculous and harmful to those of us who care about the quality of our products?

I am so disappointed to see the Soap Gal (Joanna) participating in that video. What damage she is doing to the reputation of hand-crafted soap by selling "millions" of bars of uncured soap. Then she's suggesting that handcrafted soap is usually at 8pH or 9pH, and spreading the falsehood that phenothaline (sp?) drops can tell you if a soap is lye-heavy or not.

I've never purchased anything from Wooden Wick or Makesy, and don't ever plan to do so.

Latest posts

Back