Have I reached gel phase? What should I do now?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdc1978

Reaction score
Since I soap at a fairly low temperature, I wanted to force my soap to go through gel phase.

I covered my mold with an inverted box and fully wrapped the whole thing in a heating blanket set at high so that the whole soap mold would have hear coming from every angle. I covered the electric blanket in a heated throw set at high.

I don't think either of these blankets gets super super hot, but fairly toasty.

The picture below is what the soap looks like after it's been under the electric blanket and wrap overnight.

Two questions - 1. Is my soap in gel phase? 2. If it is, what should I do now? Turn off the heat altogether and leave the blankets on? Turn down the heat and leave the blankets on or take the blankets off altogether?

Thanks in advance
IMG_20200309_103808640.jpg
IMG_20200309_103829339.jpg

It looks like it's gone through, and is past gel phase. At this point you can leave covered (to avoid ash) take all blankets off and let cool and wait to cut.

Since I soap at a fairly low temperature, I wanted to force my soap to go through gel phase.

I covered my mold with an inverted box and fully wrapped the whole thing in a heating blanket set at high so that the whole soap mold would have hear coming from every angle. I covered the electric blanket in a heated throw set at high.

I don't think either of these blankets gets super super hot, but fairly toasty.

The picture below is what the soap looks like after it's been under the electric blanket and wrap overnight.

Two questions - 1. Is my soap in gel phase? 2. If it is, what should I do now? Turn off the heat altogether and leave the blankets on? Turn down the heat and leave the blankets on or take the blankets off altogether?

Thanks in advanceView attachment 44398 View attachment 44399
For me, it's ready to unfold and cut

Latest posts

Back