Have anyone tried uing ghee (clarified butter)?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brynhilde

Reaction score
Have anyone tried using ghee (clarified butter)?

Have anyone tried to use ghee in soap?

How will the soap turn out?

Please let me know your experiences.

Last edited:
Have anyone tried to use ghee in soap?

How will the soap turn out?

Please let me know your experiences.

I haven't used it because quite a few of the most experienced soapers on the forum say it smells in soap, with comments like "curdled milk"and "vomit" :sick: I decided not to risk it!!!

It must be a thin line between good and bad milk soap.
Is it better to use low fat milk?

I use yogurt, buttermilk, sour cream, and heavy cream in milk, and it is only butter that Stinks. It did not always smell in the bar but after using it to wash with I would smell the stink butter on my hands. I tried several different brands of butter including ghee and clarified butter it all smelled bad

No, most milk soaps smell fine to everyone but me. And it may be my technique when making it, as no one else seems to have an issue.

Move over, Susie- you have some company in the boat with you, namely me. :mrgreen: The only milk soaps that play well with my nose are goat milk soaps and coconut milk soaps. Bovine milk and/or cream soaps always end up smelling like sour baby vomit to my nose......except for soaps made with buttermilk powder, that is. My nose seems to do fine with that.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back