Has anyone used the liquid colors from WSP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only use about 1tsp ppo and haven'y had any trouble with the colors looking like I want them to. And I haven't gelled any of the soaps I've colored with micas at this point.

That's great.
I have been testing mica colours at various strengths and I was aiming for a particular colour so that might be the difference. Just realised that I use high OO in my soap which may effect the initial amount of mica needed to counteract the creamy yellow my plain soap batter is.
It is all a matter of personal preference and intensity required I guess.

Last edited:
That's great.
I have been testing mica colours at various strengths and I was aiming for a particular colour so that might be the difference. Just realised that I use high OO in my soap which may effect the initial amount of mica needed to counteract the creamy yellow my plain soap batter is.

The OO could be the difference. I use a higher percentage of lard and very little OO and have a very white batter.

That's great.

I think lots of folks use TD to whiten their batter to get truer colors.

I used my liquid colors last night. The green turned out just as I wanted it to. The red is not quite a true red that I hoped for, but I didn't gel, so that could have made a difference. I'll pot a pic after I cut.

The red faded to more of a raspberry color than the true red it was originally. Overall, not too bad of a red tho. Excuse that I haven't cleaned it up so there are drag marks from the knife.

IuxrLBz.jpg

Latest posts

Back