Has anyone run into this issue??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen74

Reaction score
I am sorry for all the posts lately, but I have run into an issue. I got my oil to make my soap today. It is Palm Kernel oil in a jug (7 lbs). I figured getting extra would last me a while. Well it is a solid oil and I am not sure how I'm to get it out of this bottle? Any ideas 😂??

Attachments

• 20200724_172253.jpg
    20200724_172253.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 6
I'm guessing you will have to melt the whole thing then take out what you need.

I do the same as Shunt, only I transfer it to a wide-mouth container such as a left-over lard bucket, for example, so that I can easily scoop out what I need.

That's the only thing I don't like about ordering from Columbus Foods/Soaper's Choice......... I don't like how they pack their smaller amounts of solid fats in those bottles.

IrishLass :)

If you have a heating pad, you can wrap it around the jug, secure it with a bungee cord, and turn it on. It works just like a bucket melter and makes it much easier to decant the solid oils into a container that allows you to scoop and measure.

I do the same as Shunt, only I transfer it to a wide-mouth container such as a left-over lard bucket, for example, so that I can easily scoop out what I need.

That's the only thing I don't like about ordering from Columbus Foods/Soaper's Choice......... I don't like how they pack their smaller amounts of solid fats in those bottles.

IrishLass :)
I just ordered some PKO from soaper's Choice and I called them about the container because the description said bag. They told me that they are now putting it in bags instead of bottles because they had to many complaints about the getting it out of the bottles.

I will know more about it tomorrow when I get my order.

I just ordered some PKO from soaper's Choice and I called them about the container because the description said bag. They told me that they are now putting it in bags instead of bottles because they had to many complaints about the getting it out of the bottles.

I will know more about it tomorrow when I get my order.

I just picked up some oil from them and I had to cut the cartons to get it out and transfer it to some glass jars I have. I am glad to hear they are changing the containers..

I have gallons of palm and coconut oil. I put warm water in the sink and heat the oil up. Then I shake it vigorously to mix and then pour it out to measure. I imagine that I will do most of my soap making in the summer when the temps are warmer. My house will get very cold in winter and then I will have to melt and containerize my oils.

Back