Has anyone heard of Wholesale Botanics?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xadelinex

Reaction score
Hello, I stumbled upon Wholesale Botanics recently, and some of their essential oils are quite intriguing (I never knew orchid essential oil existed). Has anyone used their essential oils in soapmaking? There aren't any safety data sheets, so I'm hesitant about using them in skincare products as I won't know what the maximum usage rates are. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I wouldn't trust it. Very few orchids have a scent and I can imagine any real essential oil would be labeled with the species of orchid and would be very expensive.
More likely its a EO blends of various florals labeled as orchid for label appeal.

Any company that does that is sketchy to me. I also didn't like that the site wanted me to sign in with google, why do they need that info when I was just browsing.

(I never knew orchid essential oil existed)
Neither did I. But then I remembered Vanilla beans are harvested from a type of orchid to make vanilla extract, flavored ice cream, etc. and so many other products including Vanilla absolute for scenting bath and body products. So I googled it...

There's a cosmeceutical called "Orchid Oil", made from Vanda orchids (and others) that's popular in anti-aging products. If that's the product Wholesale Botanics is selling, it would be well worth looking into for leave-on products. All positive reviews.

Wholesale Botanics Orchid Oil

Last edited:
They're sketchy as all get out. There's no such thing as Lilac essential oil, nor pineapple, nor gardenia, for starters. And several have entirely wrong botanical names for the oil in question.

And no, there's no essential oil that will make your hair grow.

Latest posts

Back