Has anyone ever used nutmeg butter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumbleklutz

Reaction score
I was digging around in soapee.com, and I noticed an entry for nutmeg butter. It was extremely high in myristic acid.

So, I'm thinking that it might be a good swap for some of the CO or PKO in a recipe; or it might be a fun experiment to add to a "super bubbly bar".

The problem is I know next to nothing about nutmeg butter, and apparently no one carries it. A web search showed a few suppliers; New Directions and "I think" it was Brambleberry used to carry it but both have since discontinued it.

Being as so many seem to have issues with CO it seems like it would've been a popular item.

Any information or thoughts from the soap gurus on nutmeg butter in cp soap or where to find nutmeg butter would be greatly appreciated.

OMG that sounds AMAZING! I would wager that this would be quite expensive - probably wasted in soap but I would LOVE to make some lip balm and lotion with it!

I found it here:
http://cocojojo.com/product/organic-nutmeg-butter/

$12.99 for 4 oz. Not ruinously expensive. I can't see any ingredients, though, so I'm not sure if you are getting the nutmeg butter (pressed from nutmeg nuts) or if you are getting nutmeg EO blended into shortening.

Latest posts

Back